Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Why no smileys or other tags?

Discussion in 'Questions, Problems, & Feedback' started by PaulB47, Jan 18, 2016.

1. PaulB47

PaulB47 Hillsboro Well-Known Member

To quote some text I have to type out the quote and /quote tag. To get a smile I have to type : followed by ). I'm wondering why the forum software does not display the usual array of tags on the response screen?

I am running noscript, ghostery and https everywhere but they don't seem to be the problem since nothing changes when I disable them. Oh, I'm also using firefox and linux.

2. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

No idea - I was able to quote your text by highlighting in your post and selecting "quote" from the little popup menu. :s0153:

As for smilies - I can see them :s0053:

Probably best to tag @Joe Link to make sure he sees this post, otherwise he'll likely miss it.

Sgt Nambu likes this.
  3. PaulB47

Ah. Just a non-standard way of handling quotes. Thanks. Still no smileys though.

4. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Hopefully Joe will chime in eventually, but one thing you can check in your account preferences is if you have the box below checked:

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

PaulB47 and Sgt Nambu like this.
  5. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

@PaulB47 The tags are likely the tags you're familiar with (such as quote and /quote), wrapped in brackets.

Code:
    Example:

[quote]This is a quote.[/quote]
    Let me know if you have any questions ;)

6. PaulB47

Thanks etrain. I already had the smiley mode checked, but didn't have the rich text editor box checked just above it, so I checked that too. Now I have all the tags and smileys displayed. Doh!

etrain16 and Joe Link like this.