JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Why not just use the search feature within the rifle or handgun fields?
select the caliber or use black powder in the keyword search and see what comes up.

Im asking because I'm curious.

Because you're relying on others to use terminology that not only they may not know but that they may spell wrong or use gramatically incorrect. Best to keep it all lumped together. I like to peruse all of what's available too.

Curio and Relic section carries some of that arena of interest. However: "Curio and Relic" in current expression is a legal term regulating sale of a certain class of guns differently from others. Seekers/sellers of blackpowder guns may not peruse that section.

Should this good idea go forward, I would suggest it be "Blackpowder Firearms" (rather than muzzleloaders). This title would cover the scope of blackpowder cartridge guns, replicas, etc., as well as the front-stuffers. I'm currently looking for a blackpowder gun in a racy new caliber that is all the rage:

The 6.5 Crudmoor.

Mostly the black powder firearms end up in the :
Rifle
Hand gun
Or Shotgun classifieds sections...
They also end up in C&R section.

As much as I love black powder firearms and would love see a section for them...
I am unsure just how much use it would get here at NWFA.
Andy

If there were a "Muzzle Loading" category, I would hope it would exclude the inline abominations. But that's just me... and 65% of the black powder community.

Come on guys. All black powder gun lives matter. As long as no one minds their interjection into these various classified categories, it is probably fine the way it is. I would also not be against a category of their own, which of course should include all types of black powder firearms.

Mostly the black powder firearms end up in the :
Rifle
Hand gun
Or Shotgun classifieds sections...
They also end up in C&R section.

As much as I love black powder firearms and would love see a section for them...
I am unsure just how much use it would get here at NWFA.
Andy

I check the C&R first...but often find black powder listed in the Rifle section.

I might be wrong here but the lack of black powder discussion on NWFA may be due to just difficulty navigating/categorizing the topic. I love shooting BP and continually want to learn more...so my eyes are always searching the site. Perhaps others are like me.

While a separate Black Powder classified section might not be very active it would still make the site easier to search and more complete.

Once it's set up, which is easy to do for whoever has admin privileges, there is little to no additional work necessary, other than another area that would need a moderator assigned to provide oversight.

For some reason I think @Andy54Hawken would not only be willing, but a natural for the task.

So I say why not?

We could also place a Black Powder subsection in the Rifle, Handgun, and Shotgun forums. Again these would not be super active, but a valuable addition making the site more robust and who knows, it might actually drive folks to start looking at and learning about a fascinating aspect of the shooting world.

I see it like the Air Gun section. Not too active but even so, I'm glad it's there and would miss it if it were to be merged back into another category.

FWIW

Happy New Year folks!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top