JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've seen that video posted multiple times on every forum I frequent. As much visibility as it's had, it's odd that there has been zero follow up as to what happened. Makes me wonder if it's real.

It took me a long time to try to carry appendix.
But after I got over the fear of shooting myself in the junk I tried it. I have carried that way ever since.
It's comfortable and conceals well.

You need a good holster, and trust your gun.
I NEVER try to holster while my holster is in my pants. I wouldn't do that anywhere I carry.
I pull the holster out, put the gun in, then put both back in the waist band.

I did carry without one in the chamber for a couple months until I felt comfortable with it,

It took me a long time to try to carry appendix.
But after I got over the fear of shooting myself in the junk I tried it. I have carried that way ever since.
It's comfortable and conceals well.

You need a good holster, and trust your gun.
I NEVER try to holster while my holster is in my pants. I wouldn't do that anywhere I carry.
I pull the holster out, put the gun in, then put both back in the waist band.

I did carry without one in the chamber for a couple months until I felt comfortable with it,
I used to carry appendix because it was the most comfortable. Took me a while to build up to it, and even then I started out with an empty chamber too (I know). I also never carry a pistol without a manual safety if it is going to be pointed at my pride and joy. After I put on a few pounds, it started getting uncomfortable. Seems like the fat filled in the space where the gun used to go. I still may go back to it if I can ditch a few more pounds. :rolleyes: Appendix is a position that lets you see everything that's going on while you reholster, so as long as you actually look (and pay attention) I don't personally have an issue with it.

Last Edited:
I carry in the pocket, But that's my BUG XDS40, I carry my EDC appendix in a Kydex holster. I place my short barreled XD40 SC M2 3" in the holster, the holstered gun in position in my pants.
If for some oddball reason I should draw my gun, I would remove the holster, place the gun in the holster and replace the gun and holster combo back in my pants. I do not want to re-holster with the holster in my pants, even in the three o'clock position.
I have a short barrel gun as it is more comfortable in the sitting position, it is easy to draw while in that position while driving. The pocket, not so much.
I have a XD45 SC with a 3.3" barrel that works too in a similar Kydex holster.
I can carry my 3.5" 1911 in it's leather holster that has a poly spine/sight channel the holds the leather open, but it has a problematic hooked spring steel clip that just does not easily come off
Anyway I like Appendix for me most of the time.

Started carrying appendix when I started carrying about 7 years ago. Have found that I've grown since then and where it hid so easily before there just isn't as much space. Therefore outside the waistband for me.

Carry appendix. Never thought I would shoot my self for carrying that way. I have watched and listened to many different people talk about why they would never appendix carry and other people say they do but they have all these extra steps or something.

Video is full of crap on so many levels. Kydex holster was removed and tossed to the ground. Ever try using a training pistol and then take a string through the fake trigger and holster the training pistol in a kydex holster? Good luck getting it to fit. Now for the overly obvious problem with the video. Whether his "gun"(aka junk) was shot or it spiraled down his leg, where is the blood? Hey how about the fact that the femoral artery is right there? He also made sure that his shirt was lifted up prior to him having his pistol holstered. I call Bull!

Now back to appendix carry as a whole... why would ANYONE EVER place their firearm back in the holster after having to decide to carry it?, felt threatened enough to NEED to deploy it (instead of walking away or something else)?, actually firing it at another individual?, and then figure that some IMAGINARY AMOUNT of TIME or some voice they heard told them to holster it? I know the scenario safe space magical pixiecorns whispered that it was all clear and time to holster it again. :s0140:

o_O

Last Edited:
I've seen this OP vid before! Didn't we already do a thread on it? Hmmmm?

Yes...

I've seen that video posted multiple times on every forum I frequent. As much visibility as it's had, it's odd that there has been zero follow up as to what happened. Makes me wonder if it's real.

...and this is what I said the first time.

ETA:
Now that search function is working again here it is...
Guy Carrying Appendix Has AD? ND?

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top