JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think it would be a good "near woods" pack gun. it is super light, and with 2 mags you have 60 rounds with you. 22 mag is not going to stop a bear, but dog sized or smaller animals would notice if you hit them with it.

Mine had light strikes due to crap in the firing pin, or striker, channel at first. Blew it out with compressor and it worked fine after that. Good thing too, 'cause to open the channel up you need a tiny little pin punch and I broke mine.
BTW, when I was a kid I used to hunt rabbits with 22WMR from a Ruger Single Six. It's a nasty little round.

Do any of the PMR-30 owners feel like the PMR has a practical use?

I have always been intrigued with the PMR due to the 30 rounds of hotter than 22lr ammo with a decent barrel length in a very light weight package. It seems like someone might make the argument that it would be a good hiking or camping gun due to its attrubutes? The flash seems like it might be sub-optimal for camping when the sun goes down though. Is there less flash when pistol oriented 22 wmr rounds are used?

I do have plenty of guns that are just fun plinkers... but I always like to pretend that they "could" have a real world (in my world) use.

P.S. I saw a post else where that Kel-Tec has come out with (or maybe just announced) a pistol simular to the PMR-30 in 22lr. CP33 with 33 rounds of 22lr or a 50 round extented magazine. Kel-Tec's High-Cap Quad Stacked CP33 is the .22 LR Pistol of the Future

P.S. Good to know about the Burris FastFire III effect on the slide weight and feeding reliability.

View attachment 541770
It could be a firearm for women to CC that don't have the hand strength to rack a slide on a .380 or 9mm.
My wife has a hand injury that limits her ability to rack the slide on a lot of firearms-she can easily rack the slide on the PMR and on her Sig P938 (I think that is the model:confused:) which is a .380

It could be a firearm for women to CC that don't have the hand strength to rack a slide on a .380 or 9mm.
My wife has a hand injury that limits her ability to rack the slide on a lot of firearms-she can easily rack the slide on the PMR and on her Sig P938 (I think that is the model:confused:) which is a .380

I would strongly recommend against anybody using these for anything more than a range toy. A revolver would be infinitely better for the situation you mentioned.

They seem like a good options to put in the hunting bag or in a small game bag to keep in the car. Would be a solid little grouse or rabbit shooter or even snake gun for hiking on the east side.

OK, I broke down and bought one. Now I have yet another caliber to stock.
FYI Bi-Mart has one for $349.97 and Sportsmen's will price match

Do any of the PMR-30 owners feel like the PMR has a practical use?

I have always been intrigued with the PMR due to the 30 rounds of hotter than 22lr ammo with a decent barrel length in a very light weight package. It seems like someone might make the argument that it would be a good hiking or camping gun due to its attrubutes? The flash seems like it might be sub-optimal for camping when the sun goes down though. Is there less flash when pistol oriented 22 wmr rounds are used?

I do have plenty of guns that are just fun plinkers... but I always like to pretend that they "could" have a real world (in my world) use.

P.S. I saw a post else where that Kel-Tec has come out with (or maybe just announced) a pistol simular to the PMR-30 in 22lr. CP33 with 33 rounds of 22lr or a 50 round extented magazine. Kel-Tec's High-Cap Quad Stacked CP33 is the .22 LR Pistol of the Future

P.S. Good to know about the Burris FastFire III effect on the slide weight and feeding reliability.

View attachment 541770
I put mine in my SHTF Backpack along with extra ammo. It does not like big mouth Gold Dot hollow points but loves most anything I have used. Butter smooth, if the trigger is bad I did not notice it...ever. Sights just work and work well for me. I have had a problem toward the end of loading a mag, and you do need to pay attention, save your beer drinking till after the magazines are loaded. The round on top has to always have it's rim forward of the ones on the bottom. Simple, but you have to pay attention. I have dented cases and the gun fired them. Not a bad Idea to go with 25 rounds per magazine. I have a lot of guns, but this one is a keeper for me.

I've had my PMR30 around 4-5 years now, it's a really fun little gun to shoot, is very accurate, has a great trigger, and those magazines seem to go forever before the fun is done. If I put the full 30 rnds in my mags, the first and sometimes second round will usually hang up and not run smooth, but if I load my mags, I think I've got six or seven of them, with 28 instead of the full 30, they'll all run flawless every time.

I have a FN five seven also, they're a really fun gun to shoot as well, but my PMR30 cost a fraction of what my five seven cost and the trigger in my PMR is wayyyyyyy better, which for me, makes shooting the PMR more fun.

FYI, I highly recommend taking the little screws out that hold the front sight in place, degrease the threads on the screws as well as the thread in the holes with break cleaner or accetone, then blue loctite them when you put them back in. I nearly lost my front sight when I first got my PMR and I know others that actually did loose theirs.

Also, like any 22mag pistol that I've ever shot, you definitely want to wear good hearing protection with these things because they are LOUD, not quite as loud as a 22mag revolver, but still very loud. Probably the only thing I don't like about my PMR30 is I can't shoot it suppressed, they'd be even more fun if they could, safely, be shot with a can on them.