JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm following; I am thinking about either this or Keltek RFB Bullpup. I know Keltek has some early feed problems but it seems like the reviews I read lately indicates they have it worked out.

No jams

Fun as hell to shoot

Accurate? I dont know, I could not see through the giant fireballs

Pain in the butt to load. To get all 30 in there you are pushing hard enough to put dents in the other rounds. First 20 or so isnt that bad

Buy again? hell yah and dual wield for 60 fireballs

B307DE47-2B99-4F18-A66D-270E31433BD5.jpeg
I have PMR-30 gen 2 (non-fluted barrel) for almost two years.
Buy American Speedloader Nest for PMR-30/CMR-30 and there will be no rimlocks at all. Real game changer. It takes me 30 seconds to load full magazine. No dents, etc.
Very accurate and pleasure to shoot.
I have Burris Fastfire III on mine. BIG help to my old eyes!
Bucause of this addition, I shoot only 40-45 grains. Lighter ammo causes FTEs sometimes.

Last Edited:
I've shot one. It ran flawlessly and the owner swore it had never malfed. Watching the ammo bunch up in the magazine did not instill confidence but it was like butter. I don't remember hating or loving the trigger, so I'm sure it was fine. I do remember that I shot really good groups with it. Didn't want to like it because of my instinctual dread of rimmed cartridges in a double stack magazine. Wound up loving the gun anyway.

A buddy and myself bought 1 each, same day. A few serial numbers apart.

As stated before, I have problems putting 30 rounds in the mag. (I'll be looking into that Speedloader Nest though). I had issues first time out as I had not cleaned it first. Had FTF and FTE problems. Tore it apart, cleaned and light polished contact areas. Took to range and ran 350 rounds with maybe 3-4 FTF issues. (It wouldn't chamber the first round in mag when inserted and dropping the slide. A little nudge on the back of the slide and it chambered and ran the rest of the mag fine). I am happy with just loading 25 rounds. :)

Accurate? As mentioned, not bad if you can see past the fireball. :)

The trigger isn't too bad. Different, but not bad.

I believe the manual states to run 40gr and higher. Mine runs everything I've put in it. Any brand, 30gr to 45gr.

Now, my buddies is a problem child. Won't shoot more than 3 consecutive rounds. I suggest he send it back to Keltec, but he found online what he thinks is the fix. He's gonna try it first. If it doesn't work he'll contact Keltec.

Watch "How to fix KelTec PMR 30" on YouTube

I like mine a lot. the factory sights are well adjusted for me. The trigger on mine is great. I have ran quite a few different brands of ammo through it & haven't had problems with it jamming. I won't say it has never happened, but it's few & far between. I typically load the mags to 25. I haven't looked at the "speedloader nest", but loading can be a PIA. What I can't get over is how light a gun it is to pack around. I have a cheap uncle mikes holster with a spare mag holder built into it, that combo gives me 50 rnds of 22mag firepower with (to me) almost effortless weight. However, I know a guy who has an early production model that jams constantly. I walked him through the loading procedure to make sure he was doing it right, but that wasn't the prob. I recommended he send it back for some R&R. Keltec customer service is rated pretty high, but don't know if he ever did. I would buy another in a heartbeat.

Last Edited:
No jams

Fun as hell to shoot

Pain in the butt to load. To get all 30 in there you are pushing hard enough to put dents in the other rounds. First 20 or so isnt that bad

No jams

Fun as hell to shoot

What Ammo are you using? I bought a PMR 30 for my wife, we have only had it out shooting one time (A broken femur and fractured L 3 have slowed me down just a bit lol) but it jammed several times per magazine, we were using Hornady FTX 45 grain and Federal 40 grain ammo. I have recently bought 4 boxes of cci 40 grain to try, but I want to disassemble and lube it up real good before trying it again.

What Ammo are you using? I bought a PMR 30 for my wife, we have only had it out shooting one time (A broken femur and fractured L 3 have slowed me down just a bit lol) but it jammed several times per magazine, we were using Hornady FTX 45 grain and Federal 40 grain ammo. I have recently bought 4 boxes of cci 40 grain to try, but I want to disassemble and lube it up real good before trying it again.
Any 40-45-grain ammo works great in mine. However, just last night I've shot a brick of weird Remington 33-grain and had only three FTEs. Keep in mind that I have Burris Fastfire III on mine - with mount plate. This makes slide assy heavier and causes FTEs if the load is lighter than 40-grain.
Again, please watch the video that I posted above and spend approx $30 on American Speedloader Nest. By this you will avoid reamlocking - the issue that ALL CMR/PMR-30 magazines have.

Any 40-45-grain ammo works great in mine. However, just last night I've shot a brick of weird Remington 33-grain and had only three FTEs. Keep in mind that I have Burris Fastfire III on mine - with mount plate. This makes slide assy heavier and causes FTEs if the load is lighter than 40-grain.
Again, please watch the video that I posted above and spend approx $30 on American Speedloader Nest. By this you will avoid reamlocking - the issue that ALL CMR/PMR-30 magazines have.
Thanks I will do that, I was wondering if rimlocking might be the issue

Just ordered 1 on Amazon thanks again for the help. This forum is great, shooters helping shooters :):)

I have one and it shoots fine for me. No better or worse than any other rimfire. Sights seem to hit high for me though, and don't seem to be adjustable. I usually just put about 20 rounds in each mag because they get hard to load, but I just ordered the mag loader posed by @surevaliance as that looks like a great solution.

Also, kids like to shoot it because it is easy to handle with high amounts of fireballs.

Do any of the PMR-30 owners feel like the PMR has a practical use?

I have always been intrigued with the PMR due to the 30 rounds of hotter than 22lr ammo with a decent barrel length in a very light weight package. It seems like someone might make the argument that it would be a good hiking or camping gun due to its attrubutes? The flash seems like it might be sub-optimal for camping when the sun goes down though. Is there less flash when pistol oriented 22 wmr rounds are used?

I do have plenty of guns that are just fun plinkers... but I always like to pretend that they "could" have a real world (in my world) use.

P.S. I saw a post else where that Kel-Tec has come out with (or maybe just announced) a pistol simular to the PMR-30 in 22lr. CP33 with 33 rounds of 22lr or a 50 round extented magazine. Kel-Tec's High-Cap Quad Stacked CP33 is the .22 LR Pistol of the Future

P.S. Good to know about the Burris FastFire III effect on the slide weight and feeding reliability.

CP33-1-1024x683.jpg

Last Edited: