JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Comment from the article:

Josh Michlitsch
River Rescue Tecnician at American Medical Response

This is grossly irresponsible reporting. I know this man personally, he is one of the best human beings out there. He is an overly safe and responsible weapons handler, that made a mistake that unfortunately didn't end well. The police didn't seize anything, they removed the legally purchased firearms for him to avoid theft. The guns were returned to the owner. The gun in question was carried to Cabela's, not purchased there. The subject is an experienced hunter and US Marine. All the know-it-alls on here seem to know a lot, but I'm sure it just isn't so. Don't be quick to judge a situation of which you only got a few misleading sentences.

Two things that don't surprise me: "Oh my friend knows all about firearms" and the press getting most of the salient points wrong.

Always chamber check no matter what, all the rules of safe firearms handling are important but that one is probably the most important of all. Just the last time I went shooting I pulled a handgun I hadn't shot in awhile out, pulled the slide back to check it, and surprise surprise out came a live round. Did not expect to see that li'l guy in there. The inverse can happen too, I remember many years ago when I first started carrying one time I went a whole week without a round chambered. You're in for a really bad day if a gun goes bang when you want it to go click or click when you want it to go bang.

When are some people going to learn? Don't intimidate the gun! Don't tease the gun. Don't call it names. Don't discriminate against it. It likes to be honored... like the flag. So don't step on it. Don't burn it. Don't spit on it. It deserves respect, honor and dignity. So offer praises and help build it's self esteem.

Yeah, the gun did it alright. I don't blame it. It just finally got ticked off and is not going to take it anymore! Too bad that it's license will now be revoke. Not to mention the time in the slammer.

:rolleyes:

I just went pee on a gun I did not like...It just shook at my presence. Your argument was destroyed as my other guns eye balled it as if to say "you deserved it after 3 FTE". Bastard gun is going to get more abuse and get gutted so it will work. I know its feelings are hurt but it will be happy when I give it a transplant.

Engaging the Snot Locker/Booger Hook interface while handling a gun is the most important step.

That, and follow rule number 1. :cool:

There are rules for guns?!!?? I was told by the LGS that you "just load the clip, put it in, pull the top part back(this part is hard so best to hold the trigger down to get a better grip) and after that you stick it in your belt and try not to wear it out by ever shooting it unless you have to"

I have been living by that guys advice all along....He said he was an "expert" so how could he be wrong?

I thought that, too, Taku. And then I re-read it. And read it again. It is clearly sarcasm. The joke is that the anti-gunners would say something like that as one of their many emotion-based, arguments that are devoid of any fact. I think it was actually meant to be funny. Got your goat, didn't it? Good work, fatdonut!

/sarcasm/Oh, that last bill? That was only one step toward making us safer. But this NEXT bill will make you Oregonians even safer. We like to call it making a list of gun owners for your own safety. We just want your contact information in case there is another Remington recall./end sarcasm/

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top