JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
+
I'm looking as having a power tool head that also sets 10-90 inch/lbs seems really handy. A major supplier has them on sale for under $50 right now.

I bought a mechanical torque beam-lever style (whatever its called) for similar projects but don't care for the way it needs to be handled.

So for scope/base mounts & similar lower demand projects, what's your choice?

I have one and like it. It comes with a calibration chart that claims it's decently accurate. Pretty handy for throwing into the range box. You'll need a lot more bits than it comes with, but the plastic case has room for most of what you'll need. I agree, it's handier than my in.-lb. torque wrench. At under $50 I'd go for it.

thanks for the comments, pushed me over the edge....got it ordered. And have the nifty Chapman gunsmith set of bits.

Between those, the side grinder & adjustable swing wrench can probably disable my little clutch of survivors way too easily now.

Ditto to the happy users and good call on the Chapman set. Just picked up one of these recently, good price, quality and selection of bits. As a guy, we know that we tend to be on instruction reading avoidance mode. Do read the part that says that you need to set the tool back to 0 for storage otherwise the calibration will not stay in place.

Just remember to back the tension off after you use it.
I've been using one since it came out. All of a sudden I was twisting off screw heads. Oops it was outta whack by about 15 inch lbs or so. Called them up told them what it was doing. They advised me to back it off after each use and also sent me a new one.

Another thumbs up for the fat wrench. I use it to install scope rings and mounts, and sometimes stocks/action screws. As others have said, my only complaint is it comes with a limited selection of bits, so I have to borrow from another wrench set.

I have one, bought it awhile ago and it works pretty good, don't remember what I paid for mine but after I got it I was kind of wishing I'd paid the couple extra bucks for the digital one.

The 2 complaints I have are that for ocd person like me if it says torque to 18inch lbs I want 18 not 20 or 17 or 21. And with the analog one like I have its hard to get exact you have to guesstimate a bit.

And the included bits are cheaply made but it'll work with standard bits from other tool kits.

20211107_025825.jpg 20211107_025753.jpg 20211107_025744.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads