JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The Gun Broker requires it so I do and so does NW Armory (the two from which I've bought most of my guns that I've gotten through gun shops).

Northwest Armory never made me do it or Keith's as well never made me do it...

The reason I asked I had 3 guns and paper work done and they wanted the cash. I said I will give deposit of 500 but not good enough. I am always delayed in WA. First time this happened to me so I said tear it all up, screw this. I am not paying for something I don't have possession of... Just wondering..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Northwest Armory never made me do it or Keith's as well never made me do it...

Last time I bought a gun from Keith's, they did require it. I suppose it's possible I'm misremembering but that's how I recall.

On the other hand, Fisherman's required me to pay for the background check ($10) but then the gun was paid for afterwards.

BTW, what happens here if you fail the background check? Let's say I want to buy a $500 rifle in a gun shop. I pay $500 + $10. BC says "hell no". What happens to the gun at that point? Does the gun store owner smile and say "happy to put it up for you on 50/50 consignment"?

I suppose it's no different than buying a gun online and having it shipped to your FFL. Though I guess I'm not sure what happens in that case either...if the online seller won't take it back and you can't take possession, do you have to work out something with the FFL to sell it for you?

Agreed, I think it is stupid because it was almost 2 grand they lost... I hate the store but oh well I will get them somewhere else....

Thanks for the feedback... Plus offering a five hundred dollar deposit and still saying no is beyond stupid......

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

These days, I don't lay any cash down unless I can walk out the store with it. I'm Washington and don't have to go through the BG check with my cwp.

Never paid for guns until the background is approved - purchased from Gun Broker, Keith's, Discount Guns, Dual Smoking Gunn's (when they were in business), Wholesale Sports, Fisherman's, and other local stores, nor do I ever intend to give them the cash for the gun until the background is approved. I'll give them $10 for the background if they ask for it up front, but not the cost of the gun. If they have a problem with it, I'll take my cash elsewhere. I won't give them money for something and then chance not getting it back should I get a denial for whatever reason (not that I have anything to get a denial over)

These days, I don't lay any cash down unless I can walk out the store with it. I'm Washington and don't have to go through the BG check with my cwp.

Not true. You still get a FbI check just not local. I have a Cpl and have been getting delayed because they are so busy. They hve 3 days to respond. If they don't the LGS can let you have it.

Last time I bought a gun from Keith's, they did require it. I suppose it's possible I'm misremembering but that's how I recall.

On the other hand, Fisherman's required me to pay for the background check ($10) but then the gun was paid for afterwards.

BTW, what happens here if you fail the background check? Let's say I want to buy a $500 rifle in a gun shop. I pay $500 + $10. BC says "hell no". What happens to the gun at that point? Does the gun store owner smile and say "happy to put it up for you on 50/50 consignment"?

I suppose it's no different than buying a gun online and having it shipped to your FFL. Though I guess I'm not sure what happens in that case either...if the online seller won't take it back and you can't take possession, do you have to work out something with the FFL to sell it for you?

Yup, when I bought my Glock from NW Armory there a few weeks ago, I had to pay upfront before the BC. I was wondering what would happen God forbid I fail the BC. Am I screwed out of $600? I was waiting for about an hour so yes, I thought it about it long and hard lol. When I bought my Glock from The Gun Broker last year I don't really remember but I think the BC was going at the same time I was filling out that stupid form.

Not true. You still get a FbI check just not local. I have a Cpl and have been getting delayed because they are so busy. They hve 3 days to respond. If they don't the LGS can let you have it.

Huh. That's funny. Last time I bought a gun I didn't have to go through a BG check. Just showed him my cwp.

i did last time LL Guns doesn't ask you to ,but had the cash knew i'd come up clear.figured if the $ was out of my pocket nothing could come up that required the $(wife and 3 kids stuff comes up alot)went picked it up next am

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top