JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
These days, I don't lay any cash down unless I can walk out the store with it. I'm Washington and don't have to go through the BG check with my cwp.

I am with you, I will not pay without taking possession. Most likely nothing will happen but I don't want to find out:eek::eek:

The store sucks and will never be back... You would think a store in this economy would want 2,000 grand but I guessed wrong.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

For my last 2 purchases ( 5 firearms total ), no money exchanged hands untill i received the "ok" from NICS.

I would be upset, if they wanted payment, before i was even approved to make the purchase.

Just purchased a .17 HMR and a 20ga at my local BiMart, went and started the process Wednesday on my lunch break, but BGC took long enough that I had to leave before it was done. They put both guns in the back on hold for me, but didn't ask for a dime until I went back the next day to pick them up. Don't think I had to give the Gun Broker in Tigard any money for my 9mm until after the BGC either, but that was before the craziness and the BGC only took maybe 10 minutes. Did have to pay for my AR15 complete lower, but that was a phone order being shipped to an FFL, so that was expected.

I honestly don't recall, it's been a while since I purchased from an FFL....

OTOH, I did have to put down a 50% deposit a few weeks ago when I ordered a gun, so I guess I did pay first in that scenario?

Interesting thread. My buddy bought his first .22 target pistol almost 2 weeks ago at a big store in Beaverton and the BI could not be approved. Odd because his record is squeaky clean. Guy at the counter told him it "happens all the time," and he (the salesman) had been delayed once before as well.

Anyhow, my pal paid for the pistol. Nothing special, just the last one they had because of the current frenzy. He wanted to secure his purchase while the bureaucrats sort out their end of it.

13 days later, he's still waiting.

Common occurrence?

Not true. You still get a FbI check just not local. I have a Cpl and have been getting delayed because they are so busy. They hve 3 days to respond. If they don't the LGS can let you have it.

I have a CPL and just purchased a handgun in WA and walked out with it. I had to fill out the "are you a felon" questionnaire for the background check then I paid and took possession of my new Ruger LC9

No 3 day waiting period...not even a 30 minute wait LOL

We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is responsible for his actions....Ronald Reagan

You just got your CPL after July 11, 2012 right? Because if you had one before that date the law does not work for them. Like mine is 12 years and I can't use that law:s0054:

I have a CPL and just purchased a handgun in WA and walked out with it. I had to fill out the "are you a felon" questionnaire for the background check then I paid and took possession of my new Ruger LC9

No 3 day waiting period...not even a 30 minute wait LOL

We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is responsible for his actions....Ronald Reagan

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

It looks like it's a Washington thing to pay up front from looking at where the post have come from. I have bought 3 guns from different places here in Oregon in the last 12 months and no one asked for money up front not even for the back ground check.

It is NOT a WA thing. The state has NO control over stuff like that. It is just more FFL's choosing to do things their own way..........

I have bought a LOT of guns over the years. I have NEVER paid till I was walking out the door. The only exceptions are guns I have had special ordered or held, then even half the time I have not paid until everything was said and done.

Interesting.

I've purchased at NW Armory, Keith's, Discount Gun Sales, and Gun Broker in the last year, and paid up front every time.

I have no problem with this. When I choose to buy, I have committed to the idea that my money is unavailable from that point forward. If I caught a delay, I wouldn't have a problem riding it out. There's no, "if I got denied", because I live a life that doesn't make that a possibility.

/shrug

These days, I don't lay any cash down unless I can walk out the store with it. I'm Washington and don't have to go through the BG check with my cwp.

sorry but just to make sure other's don't get misinformed...

with CPL in WA dealer does NICS... you still get the NICS check done, just not the state portion... unless your CPS was issued past a certain date... (I think as posted above it is July, but most gunstores will still run a NICS because the direction from the state was not as clear as it should be)

back to topic..

only time I've paid in full was when I special ordered a gun...

otherwise I've never been asked to do so... but delayed or not... I wouldn't mind paying since I know I will be taking it home in a few days at the worst...

cross my fingers, it's been a few years since I've gotten anything but a proceed..

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top