JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The Raven head hammer was made by my friend Darryl Nelson (engraved by Tom Ferry) aabebc77ea46bceb2a1cf26f21b18edb.jpg c7de3e548c427f7d793581fac4258984.jpg , It was first prize at the Blacksmith wars event at Mt Hood a few years back.

The others all all made by my friend Aaron Cergol, A very talented kid in his mid 20's

cergol_forge_2.jpg eee39611cdc3203289d94a3991324847.jpg

war_hammer_1099x1900.jpg war_hammer2_1425x1800.jpg war_hammer3.jpg

Anyone know of a good smith that makes a one handed war hammer? It seems the options I can find are replica stuff that Im not sure would be sturdy to actually hit something or mass produced stuff. I was hoping to find someone that makes traditional weapons but are actually functional.

a mace would be a second choice.

Estwing rockhammer.

Brutus Out

Does he have a website?

No, unfortunately he is a single dad with a kid almost out of highschool and one just out and working, so he spends a lot of time doing the home dad thing.

I've been pushing him to make some fighting or bushcraft knives and told him I'd sell them if he can't - he does thrift shop flipping since before it was a common thing and still makes his money that way.

Once the youngest is out of highschool he will have more time but for now he just does word of mouth custom work.

If you have a design and either material preference for the blade or handle - he can do it.

Has the tools and knowledge but not the name recognition. Branding and web design is also something I've been talking to him about so he can do what he loves and make enough to pay the bills too.

I'll see if I can get him to send me some pics and I'll post them up.

I'm speaking in code so the NSA does not know what my plans are :)

I have a spear but its difficult to manage in the hallway with one. So I thought a war hammer would be good. its less practical than a tomahawk so would make a good news story
"Beaverton man defends home with medieval war hammer"

But really, I dont have a need for one, just always wanted one

I get that, but for hallway, a Gladius! ;)

I have probably 50 hatches, axes and tomahawks including several normal Estwing camp hatches and axes. The standard camp hatchet and ax are great tools. The Tomahawk does not feel right to me and the cutting face geometry is not really advantageous to doing real work. There is nothing about it that is bad, There just does not seem to be anything about it that is good either.

For my BOB I have a Gerber tomahawk... To me its a tool worth carrying. It feels like a real tool and will do something to justify its weight.
gerber-downrange-tomahawk-14670.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top