JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Muja Rioja 1989 Reserva: Good?

• Yes

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • No but I'll take it off your hands

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
Dyjital; Sorry I should not be posting on this thread. I don't know a darn thing about wine. However, I went to a small wine tasting competition once. And I WON the competition, it was based on the price, & how legs formed on your glass, blah, blah, blah. White v.s red, blah, blah, blah. My skills were based on the labels of the wine. Shhhhh don't disclose my secret. I had NEVER tasted wine before that, & more than likely NEVER will again. There is something horribly wrong with extending ones lil pinky finger out, and being told to sip, and not chug.... are you KIDDING me, was all I could think of. But getting back to my point...The PRIZE for winning this silly event was.......tah... dah......a HALF GALLON of JACK DANIELS. MY preferred choice of drink.....So naturally, you get my desire to win.....P.s the cheese & crackers went well with The prize.:cool:

LOL, if it has a screw top, you're screwed, as it won't age :D I always figured you for a box kind of a guy.

There are any number of very decent boxed wines out there! The main thing about them, given a decent wine to start with, is the non-permeable bladder in the box which collapses as the wine is used. This prevents air from oxidizing the wine and keeps it fresh for a long time!

There are any number of very decent boxed wines out there! The main thing about them, given a decent wine to start with, is the non-permeable bladder in the box which collapses as the wine is used. This prevents air from oxidizing the wine and keeps it fresh for a long time!

But But But But It's in a box!!!! Nothing says romance like a candlelight dinner and a BOX of wine...............:rolleyes:
Yup, that'll get ya laid hahahahaha
Kidding aside I've had drinkable wines from a box but nothing exceptional. The great wines command great prices and wont get them if they are in a box.

Back in seventies, there was an old woman named Ma Bender near Sandy, OR who sold wine off of her back porch in 1/2 gal. glass jugs.
They were named "Raspberry Redeye & Strawberry Sneak".
Only $5.00 a jug if you looked over 21 and $10.00 a jug if you didn't.
Many a jug was downed alongside the Sandy river in my youth, but the hangover the next day was terrible.

...large percentage ...use screw caps ! Quality cork is hard to find now ....

I've noticed that......
the "Corks" these days are not "Cork", but some sort of plastic??

I don't think I have ever paid over $10, usually $5-7 for a bottle of wine, and never tasted a "Fine wine" I thought was worth the $$$$$$.:confused:

But it's hard to entertain the nuances of a fine wine when you put an ice cube in it to cool it down..:D:eek::rolleyes::D:)

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top