JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well...
Many US coins and bills also have :
E.Pluribus Unum on them...so there is that as well.

I understand that the above Latin is the motto of the United States....
But it is in a foreign language....even if back in the day it was also the language of scholars, which is why it is on our currency.

So to me at least...the Spanish on the quarter makes sense for the context of coin and the gal who is on it.

If either of the foreign phrases bother anyone so much....feel free to send any coins and bills which have 'em to me..... :D
Andy

Because George WA is no longer cool. Some idiots even tear down statues of him and desecrate war memorials.

That said I always liked that Sacajawea dollar due to the gold color made it different.

While I don't agree to the tearing down of statures and the like....
We as a country are the sum of all of our history.
We wouldn't be who we are without the good , the bad or the meh in our history or of those who made it.
Tearing down statures and like does not change the past....
What happened has happened...learn from the past...don't deny it.

In any event...
We as a country are made , as the phrase goes...
Out of many , one...E pluribus unum
Recognizing our greatness and faults ....
As well as those who have helped shape us as a nation , is a good thing

Some of the above greatness , faults , and shaping...will be cause for questions , concerns , pride , honor and even uncomfortable conversations.
However....
None of us need to be defined by the past....we are who we make ourselves out to be.
Andy

Because George WA is no longer cool. Some idiots even tear down statues of him and desecrate war memorials.

That said I always liked that Sacajawea dollar due to the gold color made it different.
Yeah, why don't we have any Shoshone written on coins? That was Sacajawea's tribe.

While I don't agree to the tearing down of statures and the like....
We as a country are the sum of all of our history.
We wouldn't be who we are without the good , the bad or the meh in our history or of those who made it.
Tearing down statures and like does not change the past....
What happened has happened...learn from the past...don't deny it.

In any event...
We as a country are made , as the phrase goes...
Out of many , one...E pluribus unum
Recognizing our greatness and faults ....
As well as those who have helped shape us as a nation , is a good thing

Some of the above greatness , faults , and shaping...will be cause for questions , concerns , pride , honor and even uncomfortable conversations.
However....
None of us need to be defined by the past....we are who we make ourselves out to be.
Andy
Wow, you sound like an "educator".
😉 😀😃🙃

I sometimes wonder if statues and monuments commemorating past evils wouldn't be just as (more) beneficial to a society as visible reminders to never forget/never repeat those evils….
…. Covering up or erasing the past is a sure fire way to make sure it's repeated.

It also has Latin.

E Plurbius Unum

I guess we can disregard 'out of many one' then.

Well...
Many US coins and bills also have :
E.Pluribus Unum on them...so there is that as well.

I understand that the above Latin is the motto of the United States....
But it is in a foreign language....even if back in the day it was also the language of scholars, which is why it is on our currency.

So to me at least...the Spanish on the quarter makes sense for the context of coin and the gal who is on it.

If either of the foreign phrases bother anyone so much....feel free to send any coins and bills which have 'em to me..... :D
Andy
^^^This pretty much sums up my thoughts on the matter.

I'd rather have some Spanish words than "in god we trust" on my money.
It should read "In God we trust, all others pay cash"

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads