JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Though I keep the sides trimmed, I still need a haircut badly. Since I use so much pomade it disguises it to some degree. In other words, no cuts, but still do the oil change. Completely coincidentally, I went from a full beard to a Van Dyke just before the pandemic hit, so the facial hair isn't difficult to maintain. Here's hoping my hairdresser isn't too backlogged when she opens back up, though I wager she will be.

And all this time I thought you were a Dapper Dan man.

You know, I kinda tried to grow my hair back out not too long ago. This short hair business is for girls, you've gotta get it maintained regularly and all that crap. Long hair, wash it and run a brush through, pull it back or don't. You're done, thats the whole thing.

So, end of last year I decide to give up. Yes, I want it long again, but I started thinking there's just "no justification for a man my age to look like he doesn't have his **** together long enough to grow the hair out"'

That's what I get for thinking, eh? My apologies for jinxing us all into a damn pandemic

Though I keep the sides trimmed, I still need a haircut badly. Since I use so much pomade it disguises it to some degree. In other words, no cuts, but still do the oil change. Completely coincidentally, I went from a full beard to a Van Dyke just before the pandemic hit, so the facial hair isn't difficult to maintain. Here's hoping my hairdresser isn't too backlogged when she opens back up, though I wager she will be.

Wait... men have barbers, not HAIRDRESSERS... does @TeacherSmurf know about this? o_O

;):D

Years ago I had a manager who clearly loved his look. His hair was always just so, every single hair in it's place. He came in one day and mentioned that he'd just had a haircut. One of the other guys said really? I couldn't tell.

The boss then launches into an explanation that you shouldn't be able to tell. If you have your hair cut properly and frequently enough, then nobody should ever be able to tell when you need or have just had a haircut. But then again he was a Bay Area guy. To each their own.

The response I received "but that's illegal" to which I replied 'and that's why you live under tyranny'.
Excellent response! Sadly, probably lost on the recipients.

This is just another thing that hasn't changed for me in this "shutdown". Wifey started cutting my hair after we got married over 30 years ago. She thought she could do it and save money at the same time. I figured she's the only one I have to please anyway. She does a great job. At 66 I still have most of my hair, very little grey, and a face for radio so I figure she'll make the best of it.

Are dog groomers open?
..they may require you to wear a muzzle though... like Costco does.

1589651849355.png

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top