JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
my wife watched some youtube videos and proclaimed she would feel comfortable giving it a go on my mop. She started cutting ever so slowly , and carefully on my hair not making very much progress with the cheap clippers, i asked her for the clippers to get this one hair sticking out, i then took them and ran them down the middle of my head, giving myself a reverse mohawk, My wife screamed and said "Why did you do that !!".. i laughed and asked her to finish it off the same all over my head with the # 3 attachment. then we both had a good laugh about it.

My wife gave me my second Covid-19 haircut yesterday. It came out just fine. She taught herself how to do it with the help of Youtube. She doesn't use clippers, only shears. She may have gotten herself the job permanently. I think she likes to do it.

I've been cutting my own hair for probably 15 years now. It's really not hard. I hated spending money having it cut, and my wife hated cutting it because she was always afraid she'd do it wrong. I always told her I didn't care, it would always grow out. So I got a clipper and learned how to do it myself in the mirror. Then again I don't particularly care what it looks like. OK, that's not entirely true. I cut it when it gets shaggy, and take my time to get it just so, but my style is simple.

My boys get home haircuts too. They went with mohawks for the duration of the quarantine.

Walgreens sells clippers for around $20-30. I haven't paid for a haircut since I was 20.

Doesnt hurt that I started going bald when I was 20 so I shaved it off. Haven't looked back. :D

Dood, I swear we are living parralel lives..:eek:

Same here, at 22 I gave up and started shaving with a guardless clipper...best $ I ever spent was on a set of $50 Wahl clippers, 20 years and they are still going strong. :cool:

My wife offered to cut mine. Its typically a buzz...1/4" sides and 1/2" top. I thought, naw, I'm retired and have nowhere to go, I'll let it grow. Plus i was kind of interested to see what I would look like. I even let the goatee and the eyebrows go wild. Not too bad really, except for the eyebrows (egads!!) though having it touch my ears bothers me a bit. It hasn't been this long since the early 90's. If i go another 6 months I'll look like I did in the 70's.....except for the color of course....:)

2AEE97FA-9A60-4C21-88D4-D3A15AD268DF.jpeg :D:s0100:

Met my wife the first summer I shaved my head so she likes it that way and now I don't have a choice with the top not growing out so good anymore so every 2 weeks I shave it as close as the clippers will get.

Lets see:
26 years of shaving my head is, 676 hair cuts at $20 each... so I've saved about $13,500 thus far.

I was screwing around on some Facebook group for the area and all but offered somebody $100 to give me a trim. Shoulder issues make it hard to do these things above my shoulders and nobody else in the house will buzz it. They are "afraid they will mess it up..."

The response I received "but that's illegal" to which I replied 'and that's why you live under tyranny'.

Of course it wasn't under my personal profile, my alter ego had that one nailed down.

Then my wife says my hair is developing a curl and I should let it grow out. No woman, no cry.

my wife watched some youtube videos and proclaimed she would feel comfortable giving it a go on my mop. She started cutting ever so slowly , and carefully on my hair not making very much progress with the cheap clippers, i asked her for the clippers to get this one hair sticking out, i then took them and ran them down the middle of my head, giving myself a reverse mohawk, My wife screamed and said "Why did you do that !!".. i laughed and asked her to finish it off the same all over my head with the # 3 attachment. then we both had a good laugh about it.

That's hilarious!

Wifey has been cutting my thin patch for years. #3 all over, and around the sides with a #2.

Last Saturday I cut my own but did not touch the back. I look like a white haired 66 year old with a Joe Dirt haircut.

James

See, what I don't get is how the hell I'm supposed to reach the back of my head? I guess if I was shaving to the stubs I could, but hair lays down so you have to come up from the bottom.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top