JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello all-

I'm debating between an Advantage Arms 22 conversion kit for one of my Glocks and stand alone Ruger plinker. They are in the same ballpark in terms of $$.

Here's what I'm thinking;

Pros of the kit;
Same trigger feel

Cons of the kit,
For about the same $$, I can get a whole other gun

Are these kits reliable?

Other thoughts from the group?

I have an Advantage Arms conversion for my Glock. It works flawlessly with good ammo (CCI, Federal AutoMatch), but I do get an occasional ftf with the cheap stuff. It adds to the versatility of the Glock, and of course makes it extremely cheap to practice with. I like it.

Conversions usually can be a little less reliable (or finicky on ammo ifyou like), stand alone is it's own beast. It's really up to you. I have a Glock with a 22 conversion, a 1911 22 conversion, and AR 22 conversions and dedicated. I probably shoot my buckmark more than any of those though.

I have the Tactical Solutions Kit TSG-22. Paid $309 at Keith's. It has a steel slide so the weight compares closer to the Glock slide. Comes with stock Glock sights and you can get a 15 or 10 round mag with it. Works great for speed steel but has had a few Failure to Fire (light primer strikes) and so do MANY of the other .22's out there. In fact one very COLD day it had less than ALL the other .22's out there. Using the cheaper ammo results in poor performance so I stick to CCI and Blazer.
The biggest PRO for me is any and all trigger/draw time I get with it results in muscle memory for my carry weapon and fits in my holster. No other .22 can do all that.
I like the Tactical Solutions Kit so well I bought a second one. My Wife asks, "What are you going to do with TWO conversions?". "Get another Glock", I replied.
Good luck,
Mike

I've had two of the Advantage Arms Conversions. One for my G-27s(I ownED two of these and finally got to carrying both) and now one for my G-23s(I own and carry two of these) and it has run flawlessly. I've also sold a number of these kits and never had a complaint. Some times they are a bit hard to get and I do wish they came with magazines equal to my G-23 but I can life with that. They aren't in the same "Class" as my S&W Model 41/46s but it does allow me to practice a lot more than I would other wise. The Outdoor Range is a bit over 700 feet and gets snow a bit too often for outdoor shooting. Our Indoor Range will handle .22s just fine and I try to get there at least once a month but while it has a good gas heater it takes a while to warm up but the wait is worth it. I can shoot rifles as well as pistols here even though it is only 50 feet long. Shooting is Shooting and the more you do the better you will become.

Conversions usually can be a little less reliable (or finicky on ammo ifyou like), stand alone is it's own beast. It's really up to you. I have a Glock with a 22 conversion, a 1911 22 conversion, and AR 22 conversions and dedicated. I probably shoot my buckmark more than any of those though.
That's because the buckmark is so much fun to shoot.

I bought an AA kit shortly after I purchased a G17. It was decent, but I ended up trading it for a nice Ruger MK III. Both have their advantages, happier with the Ruger.

IF the feel of the Glock gripframe and its controls is important to you in your practice I'd go with the AA kit. I bought one several years ago and with the first box of 525 Remington Golden Bullets I had 2 malfuctions. It's been a good purchase.

If the Glock gripframe isn't important to you I tell people to buy a Ruger Mark----a great little pistol!

Pat

I have the AA conversion for my G22/17. I really like it, but I will get failure to eject on a regular basis, using CCI. It's kind of a pain, but I really like being able to shoot .22 out of my Glocks. I don't think I would even shoot a stand alone .22 pistol if I had one, but I shoot my Glocks with the conversion at least once a week. Just my 0.02 cents. Good luck.

Hello all-

I'm debating between an Advantage Arms 22 conversion kit for one of my Glocks and stand alone Ruger plinker. They are in the same ballpark in terms of $$.

Here's what I'm thinking;

Pros of the kit;
Same trigger feel

Cons of the kit,
For about the same $$, I can get a whole other gun

Are these kits reliable?

Other thoughts from the group?

Update:

I went with the AA kit. I'm really happy with my purchase (Brightwater).

Shot about 400 rounds today (golden bullet) only 1 FTE, and it's a lot of fun to shoot.

I also have an Advantage Arms Kit for my G26 and it has run flawlessly since day 1. While I have zero knowledge of other brand Conversion Kits I would have no reservation about recommending the Advantage Arms Kit.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top