JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking to add a semi auto shotgun to the collection. I've had good luck with the Mossberg A1 but it does not reliably feed the mini shells. Looked at the 930 and 940 semi's....the 940 comes up to the shoulder really nicely (perfectly for me). But neither reliably load the mini shells.

So without spending $3000 for a shotgun which semi autos reliably feed the mini shells.

First hand experience appreciated or direction to reliable source material.

Thanks...BG

Last Edited:
I don't believe there is a factory semi auto that can handle the short shot shells. Not, at least without some serious modification
You need a certain level of pop to cycle a semi and the shorties don't have it.

I just read an article about S&W new 12ga pump in firearms news

Looking to add a semi auto shotgun to the collection. I've had good luck with the Mossberg A1 but it does not reliably feed the mini shells. Looked at the 930 and 940 semi's....the 940 comes up to the shoulder really nicely (perfectly for me). But neither reliably load the mini shells.

So without spending $3000 for a shotgun which semi autos reliably feed the mini shells.

First hand experience appreciated or direction to reliable source material.

Thanks...BG
Did you buy the mini shot shell adapter for your mossberg pump action shotgun? I have no experience with mini shot shells myself.

https://www.opsolmini-clip.com/product/opsol-mini-clip-2-0-flex/

https://www.opsolmini-clip.com/how-to-use/

Last Edited:
thats interesting....

Haven't been watching this thread closely.
Left Ohio after 2+ months on family business. Flew into Eugene and next day the VA tested me positive for the China Flu.

I want my life back.........

I don't know anything about these or if they are even made anymore but I think they were designed to shoot minishells only.

Other than that maybe a gas operated gun with an "infinintely adjustable" gas port? The two main issues I see are feeding and cycling. People have tried it in Saiga 12 and they will feed but not cycle reliably. Most gas guns like Saiga and others have specific gas port holes such as selectable to 2 or 4 positions. But as I understand it you can buy a gas plug that is infintitely adjustable. I don't know if it would cycle reliably even if you maxed out the gas port. Just an idea.

I don't believe there is a factory semi auto that can handle the short shot shells. Not, at least without some serious modification
You need a certain level of pop to cycle a semi and the shorties don't have it.
So I am guessing you are referring to commercial minishells, is that bc they don't have as much powder as a standard 3"? What about wadcutters? I have never had a failure to cycle, I'm just trying to figure out how to stop a mag-tube double feeding my custom minis. Any ideas? Or am I just going too short? I'm making 1" to 1-⅜" on slugs, 1-¼" to 1-⅝" for 00, 4, 6, and 8shots. I do my own reloading for everything, even. 22lr on a slow day. Skills of forgotten times, ya know.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top