JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking at optic for a custom defiance chambered one 300 prc with proof carbon barrel. Mdt chassis ect. 3 scopes im looking at is nightforce atacr 7-35x56, leupold Mark 5hd 7-35x56, vortex razor gen ii 4.5-27x56. Opinions? I know vortex is cheapest.

Mark 5 5-25 or 7-35?
I have a 5-25 with the Tremor 3 reticle and rarely go past 18 power. 7-35 is way more magnification than I need for my application. The trick is finding a Mark 5 with the reticle you want in stock right now.

I run a Mark 5 5-25 and it is plenty out to 1 mile.

You might want to visit Buster Beaver Cerakote. John has some other really good options from Zeiss, Swarovski and Kahles. He's pretty knowledgeable in my opinion.

A few details

Screenshot_20211119-210346_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20211119-210331_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20211119-210157_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20211119-210117_Chrome.jpg

The Leupold mk 5 5-25 is the lightest weight scope and IMO the brightest image scope of the bunch with the 35mm tube. I have it with the tremor 3 reticle. Mine is not illuminated and ran me $1800. Vortex is probably the heaviest but has the best transferable warranty. The NF ATACR is certainly the gold standard in ELR and PRS and has a stellar warranty, crisp resolution and tough as nails. The Kahles I know squat about. SB PM2 is not warrantied well and IMO is more likely than the others to eventually need repair. The glass however is second to none.

If you truly want no compromise you have to really look at Zero Compromise Optics. Go down to On Target Outdoors and just take a look through one. If you are truly wanting to stretch out to a mile and beyond and be competitive go Take a look at them and pm me I'll let you look through my Tract and Razor gen1 and Gen 2 side by side and let you look through my wifes NF BEAST. We can even go to the Range. We will buy Tract from know on unless something happens to them in the future.

I ended up with a leupold mark 5hd 5-25x56 in pr2 reticle non illuminated. Waiting on spuhr Mount to arrive now.
That will be my next purchase. Right now I have rings but I want to get a spuhr mount eventually.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews