JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"In-lines aren't legal in Oregon" is probably the most repeated fallacy I've seen in the Black Powder section. Those regs have been in place for over two decades so you'd think people would have read them by now.

Everyone seems to have their likes and dislikes. I don't want to see scopes, smokeless powder or sabots legal in Oregon anymore than some folks here don't want my inline rifle to be legal. The way the regs are today, I suspect the ability of the hunter has more to do with success than the rifle. Some of these guy's shoot better with their traditional rifles than I can with my evil inline.

Some of these guy's shoot better with their traditional rifles than I can with my evil inline.

From what I've seen at the BP line at TCGC there are two different mind sets between traditional and in-lines. Traditional guys shoot a lot because they enjoy shooting that particular style of rifle. In-line guys only break the gun out every couple of years to sight in after they draw a tag, not because they get any particular enjoyment out of shooting a muzzleloader. (Not saying that's true in your case, but just what I've seen.)

In any case the Oregon regs as written keep both types of rifles on a pretty even keel in terms of effective range and reliability. As you said the main difference in effectiveness lies with the individual not the rifle. Just got to keep the powers that be from monkeying with the rules too much.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top