JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I ordered from Staccato before all of this went down. Of course they shipped it last week to Oregon Rifleworks who refused the package. Now UPS is holding my gun… anyone have advice what to do in this situation?

Are there any FFLs I can reroute it to? Should I just hope it gets returned to Staccato and they can ship it again if everything shakes out? Or can I pick up the package from UPS if my name is on it and then go do the background check at a later date?
Send it here if you can i will take care of you. Very sorry to hear that!

I ordered from Staccato before all of this went down. Of course they shipped it last week to Oregon Rifleworks who refused the package. Now UPS is holding my gun… anyone have advice what to do in this situation?

Are there any FFLs I can reroute it to? Should I just hope it gets returned to Staccato and they can ship it again if everything shakes out? Or can I pick up the package from UPS if my name is on it and then go do the background check at a later date?
So long as ORW knew about your order (I always call before a mail order transferable item is sent) then from now on you should avoid ORW in the future for refusing your package. They (FFL's) all know about the 3 day rule but seem unwilling to risk potential negative press unless selling their own stuff.

Call the online seller and have them contact UPS and have it shipped to A Cut Above or Tigard Pawn AFTER calling one to see if they'll receive the shipment. The seller may have to update the transfer paperwork.

We'll all probably know more by tomorrow.

The judge can't preempt Federal Law on the background check rules without Oregon's permit system in place, because that's the thing that takes purchasing out of the normal process.

Honestly, I didn't know the three day rule even applied in Oregon until I was warned about it by a pro-114 caller. My thought was "why are my FFLs making me wait 2 to 3 weeks to get my stuff bc of the BGC que?!"

Did you bother to notify them? Or look at their website for the inbound transfer form. Most FFLs quit accepting inbound transfers a couple weeks ago.
If you ordered a couple months ago, then probably talking to them would have helped, potentially even making an exception for you.
Best bet now is what others have been telling you, find a FFL like Enki-Tactial, thats willing to sit on the firearm for you should an injunction not get approved.

Did you bother to notify them? Or look at their website for the inbound transfer form. Most FFLs quit accepting inbound transfers a couple weeks ago.
If you ordered a couple months ago, then probably talking to them would have helped, potentially even making an exception for you.
Best bet now is what others have been telling you, find a FFL like Enki-Tactial, thats willing to sit on the firearm for you should an injunction not get approved.
Im more then happy to help anyone on this endeavor!

So long as ORW knew about your order (I always call before a mail order transferable item is sent) then from now on you should avoid ORW in the future for refusing your package. They (FFL's) all know about the 3 day rule but seem unwilling to risk potential negative press unless selling their own stuff.

Call the online seller and have them contact UPS and have it shipped to A Cut Above or Tigard Pawn AFTER calling one to see if they'll receive the shipment. The seller may have to update the transfer paperwork.

We'll all probably know more by tomorrow.
Staccato has a minimum a store has to buy per year if the store wants to be a Staccato dealer.

This could also be a case of the owner not being happy he didn't get the Staccato sale.

The owner likes to mark up mid-tier and above firearms to full MSRP when everyone else offers them for less. There are many in the area who won't step foot in this business again due to the attitude of the owner. Its too bad as the employees are some of the best in the area.

Staccato has a minimum a store has to buy per year if the store wants to be a Staccato dealer.

This could also be a case of the owner not being happy he didn't get the Staccato sale.

The owner likes to mark up mid-tier and above firearms to full MSRP when everyone else offers them for less. There are many in the area who won't step foot in this business again due to the attitude of the owner. Its too bad as the employees are some of the best in the area.
Lol. OK. So I take it you never communicated with him that there's an incoming transfer especially as the days ticked down. That's on you. If you don't like the place, why did you have it shipped there in the first place? NWA is right up the road, or other FFLs in the area.

Lol. OK. So I take it you never communicated with him that there's an incoming transfer especially as the days ticked down. That's on you. If you don't like the place, why did you have it shipped there in the first place? NWA is right up the road, or other FFLs in the area.
You must have me confused with the individual who transferred in the Staccato. I purchased my Staccato from another FFL after the owner threw a tantrum. Rifleworks used to be my go to shop but after that experience I won't ever be back. I'm not the only one who has experienced this behavior.

I have spoken to Josh numerous times. Thats the way it is and it won't ever change.

I have done transfers with Rifleworks in the past, but it has been several years as I wasn't excited to wait 7+ business days for them to send a copy of their FFL. It is clear transfers or private party transfers are something they are not interested in.

Then there is the ~$100 NFA transfer fee if you buy an NFA item from them when the other dealers in the metro area have that cost baked into the product.

NWA armory has its own issues and you'd be aware of them if you were around during the 94 ban. The only reason to purchase anything from them would be if it was on sale or a loss leader for them.

You must have me confused with the individual who transferred in the Staccato. I purchased my Staccato from another FFL after the owner threw a tantrum. Rifleworks used to be my go to shop but after that experience I won't ever be back. I'm not the only one who has experienced this behavior.

I have spoken to Josh numerous times. Thats the way it is and it won't ever change.

I have done transfers with Rifleworks in the past, but it has been several years as I wasn't excited to wait 7+ business days for them to send a copy of their FFL. It is clear transfers or private party transfers are something they are not interested in.

Then there is the ~$100 NFA transfer fee if you buy an NFA item from them when the other dealers in the metro area have that cost baked into the product.

NWA armory has its own issues and you'd be aware of them if you were around during the 94 ban. The only reason to purchase anything from them would be if it was on sale or a loss leader for them.
Yes, I did mix you two up. Sorry.
And sorry you experienced what you did at ORW. My experiences have been the opposite. Though they can be slow on their paperwork. I've noticed that too.

I don't know how much longer NWA will be around. Sounds like Carl's about ready to pack it all up and transfer everything down to his place in AZ. Good riddance.

Keith's, I don't think is much further away. They've let a number of their distributorships go.

Yes, I did mix you two up. Sorry.
And sorry you experienced what you did at ORW. My experiences have been the opposite. Though they can be slow on their paperwork. I've noticed that too.

I don't know how much longer NWA will be around. Sounds like Carl's about ready to pack it all up and transfer everything down to his place in AZ. Good riddance.

Keith's, I don't think is much further away. They've let a number of their distributorships go.
Rifleworks was great until they weren't. It's a shame as their employees are top notch.

I haven't been to Keith's in a couple of years but always had great service when dealing with him. His employees were hit and miss but Keith and his wife were always pleasant.

Tigard pawn stopped doing transfers, they referred us to bbtarms on Friday, ffl working from home, great service, check with bbt before head up there, verify the price is right for you as well
Tigard Pawn 4 More is going to slowly ease their way back into doing transfers again. Call ahead to see if they will accept incoming firearms or person to person transfers.

Unless they've reached max capacity. Sort of like a "widget" factory -- if you're making as many as you can and don't have capacity to make any more (and/or find and train employees quick enough), then you have to turn potential buyers away
Storage is going to be big issue for FFLs who continue taking transfers.

Let's say we get the two month reprieve but 3 day releases are eliminated. An FFL taking in transfers will end up having to store a bunch of orders waiting for background checks to clear a 35k plus deep queue. If the FFL is lucky, many of his customers will be instant approvals. If he is not lucky, he is going to have a serious storage problem.

Edit: It might be advantageous for an FFL to offer a discount or other perk to customers who always get instant approvals. If an FFL could attract a larger percentage of customers who always get instant approvals, it would help preserve their storage space issues.

Once the permit to purchase program starts it will probably be adopted at a slow rate. That might mean that OSP will be able to keep up better with background check demands.

Last Edited:
Storage is going to be big issue for FFLs who continue taking transfers.

Let's say we get the two month reprieve but 3 day releases are eliminated. An FFL taking in transfers will end up having to store a bunch of orders waiting for background checks to clear a 35k plus deep queue. If the FFL is lucky, many of his customers will be instant approvals. If he is not lucky, he is going to have a serious storage problem.

Edit: It might be advantageous for an FFL to offer a discount or other perk to customers who always get instant approvals. If an FFL could attract a larger percentage of customers who always get instant approvals, it would help preserve their storage space issues.

Once the permit to purchase program starts it will probably be adopted at a slow rate. That might mean that OSP will be able to keep up better with background check demands
Let us know ASAP if the 3day rule is still intact.

Tigard Pawn 4 More is open for transfers again with some limitations as listed

If you are under 21 they won't be able to help you right now. They have to phone those in and the last one they did tied up one of two phone lines for hours.

For person to person transfers, call ahead to make sure they have enough staff to handle them.

For shipped in transfers, send it. If you need TP4M to send their FFL info to the company you are ordering from email [email protected] and include company name, phone number and your order number. If you have a company email, include that as well.

Do Not order any 11+ capacity mags. 11+ capacity mags will not be passed on to the customer. They are still deciding what they will do them but they will be pulled from packages.

EDIT:
Pricing is $30 for shipped in transfers.
Person to person transfers are $35 to $37.
Outbound transfers are $40 plus freight & insurance.

Maybe @J&B Firearm Sales Inc. will start doing transfers again, soon?

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads