JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One other thing to maybe consider if this wretched 114 does happen to go through and the 10 round mag ban is enacted the Ruger as of now has no issues to comply with. The Taurus you'll have to buy 10 round mags for carry or everyday use and transport.

With some of the stipulations I've seen anyway on using pre ban grandfathered mags above 10 rounds look hideous to comply with. If one chooses to comply that is.

Browning Buckmark Vision
1699119990555.png

You should be happy all around with your choice. Great customer service if needed, parts availability and a plethora of aftermarket accessories which can lead to $$$:s0133:

I never had a suppressor. On a video I saw, this guy got 2 different suppressor. One is almost dead quiet and the other one is not too loud but sound filtered. I guess it might cost some money for those.

Last Edited:
Of the 2, I would get the Mark4. I personally have the Mark4 tactical.

Absolutely love it and with the burris handgun scope and suppressor, it is awesome.

A cheap simple .22 pistol that I am just loving for all around shooting is my Kel-Tec P17, that thing is just a blast to shoot.

My TX22 is great. Tademkross makes a bunch of extras for it- trigger, mag extensions, compensator, etc. I've got about 1000 rounds through it with no issues. It's been really accurate and easy to shoot. But really any 22LR pistol is fun. I love my LCP II 22LR too.

Hello all!

Undecided on which pistol to get. Looking for opinions and experiences.

It would be for just plinking around.

I'm between the Mark IV or the TX22 Competition.

I've read good things about both, but the extra capacity for the TX22 is appealing. I know Taurus has made some changes for the better in the last couple years, made in America now.

Any experience with one or the other?

Thank you!

View attachment 1752987 View attachment 1752988
What is your budget? If it were me I would figure out total budget and first thing is allow $350 to cover both a suppressor (Fe creative arms @ $150 not on sale) and tax stamp.

Then find the features u want in the gun and see what gun(s) fit the remaining budget. Once you have the suppressor it can go on any .22 pistol or rifle with threaded barrel. Subsonic .22 with a suppressor is about as loud as a pop can opening. I would check that whatever gun you get will cycle with subsonics such as cci standard velocity and/or cci quiet semi auto 45 grain 835 fps (Not cci quiet 710fps cuz that will not cycle in pretty much any semi auto gun).

Last Edited:
Of the 2, I would get the Mark4. I personally have the Mark4 tactical.

Absolutely love it and with the burris handgun scope and suppressor, it is awesome.

A cheap simple .22 pistol that I am just loving for all around shooting is my Kel-Tec P17, that thing is just a blast to shoot.
Nice looking gun. You can even carry it anywhere.

Ruger SSH (new this summer, only through Silencer Shop) is made to mount a suppressor.

Based on a Mark 4 - 22/45

There is a shop in Eugene that sells complete uppers (minus bolt) for around $120 that they chop and thread. Just one more option, I think it's called McKlusky Firearms or gunsmithing.

Believe it or not, I have a Smith 41, its an older one and still shoots in one hole.
It came out of there custom shop years ago. The new ones may not be as good
but I would trade this one for the world.

Hi,
I bought magazines from this company. I got the original ones, prices are really good, the shipping is all flat rate fair price and I always get mine after 3 days from Florida to Oregon. Great customer service.

Greg Cote LLC
Phone Hours:
Monday-Friday 9:00AM-6:00PM Eastern Time
Saturday 9:00AM-12:00PM Eastern Time
Phone 443-321-4676
Phone 904-525-8821
Fax 443-321-4665
GregCoteLLC.com

Initially, I was thinking about getting an extended magazine for the TX22. I end up getting an extra and original 16 round magazines
that I'm using mostly on target practice. It works out perfect. These 22LR goes really fast for its really fun to shoot. :s0010:

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top