JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You stated the triggers are not so great, all with out much experience at all. Nothing quoted here, hope it helps. Shooting two of a type of gun doesn't mean a large sampling or even much at all in the big picture. Like I tried earlier, we can agree to disagree but if you must continue please keep it up.
Where did I state how much experience I have? I've owned one. My father owned two Mark 3s and I shor them more than he ever did. The club I'm a member of and RSO at has several long term members including one of the board members and they all shoot them and they all have put triggers in them. And I've been able to try out two of them. Both fantastic pistols with amazing triggers. But the factory trigger on them isn't good in my experience. Hence my opinion and I posted such.

You stated the triggers are not so great, all with out much experience at all. Nothing quoted here, hope it helps. Shooting two of a type of gun doesn't mean a large sampling or even much at all in the big picture. Like I tried earlier, we can agree to disagree but if you must continue please keep it up.
That's established fact. The triggers on the Taurus are not as good as the others. I don't understand what point you're trying to make.

That's established fact. The triggers on the Taurus are not as good as the others. I don't understand what point you're trying to make.
I compared it to a G44 a couple posts ago now. Definitely not a competition gun no matter the name. lol I said that too.

Sorry, you gotta follow along. My reference was not supporting the TX. I'm going to sign off now as this is pointless, like arguing with my dog, he'll still lick his umm.

I don't have any experience with Ruger .22 pistols newer than Mk2, but I do have an old Ruger Standard that I bought used at a garage sale in the 1980's, and a Taurus TX22 that I bought a couple years ago. I know these aren't the same models you asked about, but I thought I'd relate my experiences with what I have.

Which is better? That depends. The old Ruger is more precisely accurate, hands down, but the TX22 is generally "accurate enough" for most casual shooting that we do. I definitely like the trigger in my Ruger better, but it is a 40+ year old gun. Yes, I prefer my Standard, but I've owned it forever and have shot untold thousands of rounds through it.

My kids, on the other hand, prefer the Taurus. It's actually more reliable with cheap, bulk ammo. The Ruger is perfect with quality ammo, but not always with the bulk stuff. We've found that when we're careful to load the magazines correctly, the TX22 is extremely reliable. It's also light, comfortable, and very easy to shoot. And then there's the fact that you don't have to reload as often.

I have owned several Ruger MK 3s and 2s and 22/45. I like them great guns. I now have a Mark 3, 5.5"
and a Smith and Wesson Victory. Both have aftermarket trigger kits, grips and dot sights. I really prefer
my Victory because of it's grip angle. I have won several club matches with my Victory.
1698951955018.png

I have owned several Ruger MK 3s and 2s and 22/45. I like them great guns. I now have a Mark 3, 5.5"
and a Smith and Wesson Victory. Both have aftermarket trigger kits, grips and dot sights. I really prefer
my Victory because of it's grip angle. I have won several club matches with my Victory.
View attachment 1753683
Excellent!

Had a Victory. I really liked it but at the time I bought it, I was going to use it for a local steel matches. Not long after the purchase, the match director changed the rules to requiring the use of a manual safety if the gun was so equipped. Well me being a lefty and the Victory not having an ambi safety, I sold it to a squad mate.

Tried the TX22 for a bit. The only real issue was the key holing at like 5yds. To be fair, I never gave Taurus a chance to fix it. It now lives a fellow member here on the forum.

Been tempted to pick up a P322 since they were introduced. Just haven't got around to buying one. Just ordered a VQ trigger kit and a TK trigger shoe for a spare MK4 22/45 frame I just picked up recently. Going to use the frame for my CP Firearms Mantis mk4 carbine chassis. So the Ruger MK4 22/45 is "my go" to pistol and carbine. :)

View attachment 1753683
I have pondered over a Victory several times. Seeing that group makes me want it a little more now. :D

Nice shooting! Does the comp make a noticable difference?

I have pondered over a Victory several times. Seeing that group makes me want it a little more now. :D
Nice shooting! Does the comp make a noticable difference?
I don't know if the comp makes much difference. The pistol shoots so good its crazy. A friend
of mine shot it last week. He is not that experienced of a shooter but he shoots 20 rounds in
one big ragged hole. I will be up at Clark tomorrow morning you are welcome to shoot it.
The group is 70 rounds.
The 22/45 really shines with a good trigger. They can be fantastic shooters for sure.
I had a 22/45 years ago when I started shooting 1911s in IPSC. Great trainer for a 1911 shooter.
Learn how to not flinch.

I don't know if the comp makes much difference. The pistol shoots so good its crazy. A friend
of mine shot it last week. He is not that experienced of a shooter but he shoots 20 rounds in
one big ragged hole. I will be up at Clark tomorrow morning you are welcome to shoot it.
The group is 70 rounds.

I had a 22/45 years ago when I started shooting 1911s in IPSC. Great trainer for a 1911 shooter.
Learn how to not flinch.
I can't make it tomorrow but maybe sometime I can catch you up there and try it. I appreciate the offer! :)

Thank you all! I appreciate all your opinions and this helped me choose! Much appreciated.
While I never seem to see a 1911 that I don't want, .22 pistols are a close second. Seems every new one that hits the market has me thinking I really need one more.:D
For years Wife wanted one of the MK's with the 10in tube and they were not to be found. They are back in supply again and I am pretty sure I will order one and "blame it" on the Wife. "Here look what I bought for you honey". :D

Another vote for the Ruger 22/45. Have an example from the late 80's that runs like a top. Gets shot every range trip, without fail and hasn't seen a cleaning other than an occasional bore snake, in more than 10 years.

As a matter of fact I like it so much I'm looking at the 22/45 Tactical to host a can.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top