JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
OK. So now we know the history, the condition, the model, the box, the tools, the stocks, the approximate age, and sparked our interest.
When are you going to list it for sale? :s0139:

OK. So now we know the history, the condition, the model, the box, the tools, the stocks, the approximate age, and sparked our interest.
When are you going to list it for sale? :s0139:
Well it's not mine. She said someone offered her $2k for it so I think that's a pretty good deal for her

A plain ol' model 19. No box. No pinned barrel. No papers, hang tag. Only a holster?
Offered more then twice it's worth.
It's not a NIB K38 or a Python.
Good Lord! Take the money and run!!!!!

That S&W model 19 is a pure *target* version. The 6" barrel has the highly desired Patridge front target sight. Plus it has the medium profile barrel with glare cancelling lines on the top of the barrel.
The OEM *coke bottle* grips alone are worth $75.00.
Superbly finished in blue with adjustable sights, this model ably competed with S&W's 6" model 14, & 6" model 27. Even S&W 52's.
Silhouette & Bullseye shooters relished this revolver, this gun loved 148 grain mid range wad cutters. (Stay away from using magnums)
A dash five (-5) S&W model 19 in VG+ condition should draw $800.00

GB tends to be 20-40% over local value.

I've purchased a number of firearms over Gunbroker over the years, never paid 20-40% over value. I suspect that view may be reflecting the current high demand market conditions where everything from guns to ammo is overpriced, vs. the outlet.

I've purchased a number of firearms over Gunbroker over the years, never paid 20-40% over value. I suspect that view may be reflecting the current high demand market conditions where everything from guns to ammo is overpriced, vs. the outlet.
The shopping that I've done in the past, M1, 1903/A3s, Colt SAA, Colt DS, Pythons, etc, all seem to be considerably higher than the local market. The only exception that I've seen was my time in Hawaii, everything in Hawaii was more expensive.

That may be the ask, but several
Completed auctions, went from $705-$830
And that is the trick with using Gunbroker to determine value. And you have to actually read the completed auctions information. A couple of years ago I bought a performance center 657 from a local dealer. The dealers son popped off that "they're going for $1250 to $1500 on gunbroker based on completed auctions". What he didn't pay attention to is all those posts he thought were completed were actually the same gun listed multiple times receiving no bids because the starting price was high.

Same is true of the listings for the 19-5 when I checked this morning. While there are indeed listing that show sold in the 900 and up range, there are a significant number of listing in the 800 to 850 range with zero bids when they ended. On gunbroker it seems that the auctions that do best start at the reasonable end of the sale spectrum and go up do better than the auctions that start at the high end of the sale range.

The OEM *coke bottle* grips alone are worth $75.00.
Hatman - just an FYI - those are not "coke bottle" grips. "Cokes" were hand-made, in-house at S&W and were installed on the .44 Magnum N-frame (pre-29) at its introduction. They also appeared on the introductory Model 57's. They were so named because of the slight palm-swell on both the left and right grip panel, giving it a coke bottle profile when viewed from the rear. The checkered area also was larger than the regular target stocks.

The correct identification for the grips shown on the OP's 19-5 is as stated in my original post: Checkered Goncalo Alves target stocks with the speed loader relief cut.

Genuine cokes bring anywhere from $550 - $850. K-frame targets, as on this 19-5 would be $75 - $125 depending on grain, condition and book matching.

Here is an ad for "Cokes" that clearly shows the defining characteristics...

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I would not sell any guns on GB or any other internet outfit until I knew if there was someway to ship it.
I've never used this, but it's a new enterprise from Bud's Gun Shop - a large and reputable Internet seller...

Or ship it yourself (must be to an FFL) by courier (UPS, FedEx, etc). Generally their policy (not the law) will be that it must go Next Day Air, which is expensive. If it is a long arm you can ship it via the USPS. If a handgun a FFL can ship it using the USPS but a private citizen cannot. If utilizing this method you will incur a fee from the FFL as well as shipping costs, but often that is cheaper than you sending it by courier.

Do not fall into the trap of trying to outwit a shipper by marking a gun as "machine parts". If it should go missing, you are SOL and may be in legal trouble for not declaring it.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR