Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Where'd the AKs go?

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by twoclones, Jan 13, 2010.

1. twoclones

twoclones Tri-Cities, WA Well-Known Member

Very soon after Cease Fire Washington made recent statements about needing to ban certain weapons, I bought my first AR-15. Even since I've been hoping to find a nice AK-47 at a good price but they seem to have vanished.

Is it my imagination or are all the AK owners holding tightly to their rifles these days?

2. Mutoman

Mutoman North Bend Active Member

Never know when you are going to need a gun that you don't have to polish daily...

3. Riot

Riot Benton County, Washington Well-Known Member

jgsales.com

I looked long and hard for AKs under $500, even before Obama beat Clinton in the primaries...that is about as close as you can get

4. HITMAN

HITMAN Vancouver Member

google classic arms inc. and you can get a nice AK for under 400.00 and shipping is like 25.00 bucks you can have it shipped to Coctailer he is on their list and is or and wa ffl i have never got a bad firearm from them it has always been very nice and good customer service

5. Riot

Have you delt with classic arms inc personally?

6. raftman

raftman Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

It's not that uncommon that AK's show up in the classifieds on this site, there may one or two being advertised right now.

7. Riot

Just don't get a VZ.....EVER. Those are the biggest POS AK variants I have ever seen. They wont even take regular AK magazines...the only thing "AK" about it is that it shoots 7.62x39

8. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

KVAR has Arsenal AK's on sale every once in a while for around $550-ish. If I was going to get another AK, I'd probably go that route.

9. goose

goose oregon Member

a VZ-58 isnt an ak thats why it wont interchange parts with an AK, its a czeck rifle and they actually are quite nice rifles.

10. skud_dusty

skud_dusty Salem, OR Active Member

Comparing a VZ58 to an AK is like comparing a FAL to a Cetme. They are both semi-auto rifles that shoot the same caliber. I believe all similarities end there.:thumbup:

11. wyattburp

wyattburp Beaverton Member

To answer a previous question...I've dealt with Classicarms and they are tops in my book. My next purchase or two (unless I buy everything at once, lol) will be from them.

12. Silver Fox

Silver Fox Puyallup, WA Well-Known Member

There is a Gunshop in Lakewood that has a WASR-10 for $400 and Romanian Draco for $400 also.

SF-

13. tallshipsgo

tallshipsgo Springfield OR Well-Known Member

The Draco's look like fun toys! You can get one from JG sales (when they have them in stock) for $350 though.

14. HITMAN

HITMAN Vancouver Member

yes and my expieriances have been very good. i herd its been that way since they changed ownership a couple of years ago