JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello all,

I went to wolf creek range few times and after use, I picked up my spent case. It includes brass/metal/Shotshell and almost everything. I am not sure where I can recycle them or dispose them. Any idea?

-Thanks
Raj

I would think that a metal recycler would take any fully metal spent cartridge cases - although they probably would not want to bother with a small amount, and some shops (machine shops, fab shops) often have a recycle barrel. Also, I know many trash collector recycle programs have bins for their customers for metal.

Not sure how to recycle shotshells since they are a mix of plastic and metal.

Lots of reloaders on this forum. Maybe some may be interested to take it off your hands. Put a slight description of "roughly" what you have and how much of it and I'm sure someone will pick it up

Hello all,

I went to wolf creek range few times and after use, I picked up my spent case. It includes brass/metal/Shotshell and almost everything. I am not sure where I can recycle them or dispose them. Any idea?

-Thanks
Raj
Steel cases can be placed into recycling receptacles. I've been doing this for years.

I tend to keep most brass cases and reload them or collect them for others that do. If you have a large quantity you could likely get some money back listing them here for sale.

Shotshell hulls. I usually place in the garbage as I've spoken with my local garbage recycle company and the said the plastic metal mix isn't great, but they may be picked up by the magnets at the dump.

Live rounds can be soaked in water or oil for a day or two. This will pretty much ruin the powder and primer. Then you can pull the bullet with some pliers and dispose of it per above.

When in doubt, call your local waste management and see what they say.

Most cartridges, especially that made to military specs, are sealed well enough to keep water out. Also, water will not necessarily deaden a primer - a penetrating oil is usually necessarily.

Pull the projectile, dump/spread the powder on your lawn or garden/etc. (it is a good fertilizer) and spray some wd-40 or the like into the case and let it stand for a day or two.

I would avoid dumping BP cartridges as best able, but I doubt you'll have that problem considering most people use smokeless. Best to burn BP, it's legal on the Fourth of July.
I've heard that scrappers will take decent quantities of brass, maybe steel too.
Reloading your brass and recycling steel is a good option as well.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top