JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So danged expensive?
The last time I shipped frozen fish back home (the south) it was 12# of fish in the 20"x10"x8" box sealed with dry ice it weighed 19#'s & cost me $69 overnight. that was in 2007.
Today I went to send 4#'s of silver salmon fillets to the NC coast with 5#'s of dry ice in a 10"x11"x9" box & the nice gentleman quotes me $192.40!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WTH has friggin happened to the shipping industry for them to charge these outrageous prices?????????????
I know the price of fuel has gone up but Jiminy Christmas!!!!:eek:

Last Edited:
So danged expensive?
The last time I shipped frozen fish back home (the south) it was 12# of fish in the 20"x10"x8" box sealed with dry ice it weighed 19#'s & cost me $69 overnight. that was in 2007.
Today I went to send 4#'s of silver salmon fillets to the NC coast with 5#'s of dry ice in a 10"x11"x9" box & the nice gentleman quotes me $192.40!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WTH has friggin happened to the shipping industry for them to charge these outrageous prices?????????????
I know the price of fuel has gone up but Jimmy Christmas!!!!:eek:

It has become pathetic to be honest. Is there a priority box you can use from the PO and maybe send a couple or more. You can do those for under 10 each and the dry ice should hold for a couple days if sealed well.?????
Just thinking. Not sure if they consider co2 a hazard or not ??
Anything that may benefit someone they burn them with fees and BS.
That rate they quoted should bring them a prison sentence, as well when you pay it, for robbery.

I know Taku, I wanted to know the breakdown of the charges & he closed it as soon as I asked & would not bring it back online....... Maybe he was gonna stick a $50 or $100 bill in his back pocket, I don't know.

I wanted to buy a case of .375 L size bottles of Vodka to store for SHTF time.

I didn't want plastic, cuz it may be 1-9000 days of storage.

I couldn't find some CHEAP vodka in glass....was told everyone is going to plastic because of shipping weight.

So I bought a 1.75L plastic bottle and drank it all myself:) in 2 days, so it wouldn't go bad:D

Just kiddin'......

I guess you guys need a Governmental Understanding on how to bid that express shipment:

First Bid: $2500
Second Bid $2250
My bid, $1000

I get the contract, give $500 to the Mexican Mafia, they drive it down, and I do Nothing, and make $500 !!!! :D

Thats not expensive enough. You need this:

www.upsexpresscritical.com

Lets say you needed something from Portland to Los Angeles. They pick it up and drive it directly to the destination non-stop in a car. Only $2500

Thats not much more than just fuel & food costs in my truck. I drove round trip from Seattle to LA not long ago and I think in fuel, lodging and food it was real close to two grand.

MonsterMetal, had you been a passenger on the Mexican Mafia Trucking & Shipping industry, you would have done the round trip, for $78.47, and incidentals...

Incidentals? You supply the Hose for siphoning the gas they borrow!!!

philip ... I'll be moving on now ... (Whistling in the wind, "...I'm not here, I have left the room " .... ) :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top