JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So danged expensive?
The last time I shipped frozen fish back home (the south) it was 12# of fish in the 20"x10"x8" box sealed with dry ice it weighed 19#'s & cost me $69 overnight. that was in 2007.
Today I went to send 4#'s of silver salmon fillets to the NC coast with 5#'s of dry ice in a 10"x11"x9" box & the nice gentleman quotes me $192.40!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WTH has friggin happened to the shipping industry for them to charge these outrageous prices?????????????
I know the price of fuel has gone up but Jiminy Christmas!!!!:eek:

Last Edited:
So danged expensive?
The last time I shipped frozen fish back home (the south) it was 12# of fish in the 20"x10"x8" box sealed with dry ice it weighed 19#'s & cost me $69 overnight. that was in 2007.
Today I went to send 4#'s of silver salmon fillets to the NC coast with 5#'s of dry ice in a 10"x11"x9" box & the nice gentleman quotes me $192.40!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WTH has friggin happened to the shipping industry for them to charge these outrageous prices?????????????
I know the price of fuel has gone up but Jimmy Christmas!!!!:eek:

It has become pathetic to be honest. Is there a priority box you can use from the PO and maybe send a couple or more. You can do those for under 10 each and the dry ice should hold for a couple days if sealed well.?????
Just thinking. Not sure if they consider co2 a hazard or not ??
Anything that may benefit someone they burn them with fees and BS.
That rate they quoted should bring them a prison sentence, as well when you pay it, for robbery.

I know Taku, I wanted to know the breakdown of the charges & he closed it as soon as I asked & would not bring it back online....... Maybe he was gonna stick a $50 or $100 bill in his back pocket, I don't know.

I wanted to buy a case of .375 L size bottles of Vodka to store for SHTF time.

I didn't want plastic, cuz it may be 1-9000 days of storage.

I couldn't find some CHEAP vodka in glass....was told everyone is going to plastic because of shipping weight.

So I bought a 1.75L plastic bottle and drank it all myself:) in 2 days, so it wouldn't go bad:D

Just kiddin'......

I guess you guys need a Governmental Understanding on how to bid that express shipment:

First Bid: $2500
Second Bid $2250
My bid, $1000

I get the contract, give $500 to the Mexican Mafia, they drive it down, and I do Nothing, and make $500 !!!! :D

Thats not expensive enough. You need this:

www.upsexpresscritical.com

Lets say you needed something from Portland to Los Angeles. They pick it up and drive it directly to the destination non-stop in a car. Only $2500

Thats not much more than just fuel & food costs in my truck. I drove round trip from Seattle to LA not long ago and I think in fuel, lodging and food it was real close to two grand.

MonsterMetal, had you been a passenger on the Mexican Mafia Trucking & Shipping industry, you would have done the round trip, for $78.47, and incidentals...

Incidentals? You supply the Hose for siphoning the gas they borrow!!!

philip ... I'll be moving on now ... (Whistling in the wind, "...I'm not here, I have left the room " .... ) :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top