JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If all the pistols are known to be unloaded/decocked/sans-magazine/etc... what does it matter if they rest their hand on it? Would resting your other hand on a magazine/mag pouch be any different?

I watched numerous GM's/RO/SO's do it over the weekend. I'd expect them to say something or act differently if it were unsafe or a no-no.

I guess my point in asking was, two fold, USPSA is full of all sorts of rules that are designed to make it the safest environment possible, and this just seemed like one that slips through the cracks, like I said, I have spent a lot of time on hot ranges, and hands on guns was a no-no, basically if your hand is not on the gun, the chances of a failure goes way down. The second part of the question is in general its a bad habit if you ask me, and I wondered if others saw it that way.

I was at a match this weekend and saw a lot if it again, and chatted up a bit with others and I can see the reasoning behind the guy with a multi thousand dollar gun and full race holster resting their hand on the gun, the holster is not the greatest on retention and the idea of the pricy gun going flying is one I can see wanting to put your hand there to to baby sit your gun and keep it from dropping to the ground.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top