JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My wife purchased for me an old rollaway and chest from a garage sale. There were some odds and ends tools that came with the deal. One was the razor knife shown below. It stores blades in the handle. The blade if fixed, there is no way to extend or retract it (kind of unsafe if you ask me). For what purpose was this made? Thanks in advance!

20200429_160715.jpg

It's a carpet knife. They are very handy for lots of things but they are designed to cut carpet. Refill blades are in every hardware store.

It stores blades in the handle. The blade if fixed, there is no way to extend or retract it (kind of unsafe if you ask me). For what purpose was this made? Thanks in advance!
Old school where the safety is you. They used to make all the utility knives non retractable I have many, you must be young. You can still buy this brand and type (non retractable) just not purty blue.

Some folks probably won't believe kids even rode in the front seat some times.

We owned a 1964 Econoline Van. Dad, me and a buddy took camping trips. Every 50 miles me and my bud would switch between the motor cover between the front seats and the seat. :eek:

I have a non-retractable Stanley with embossed handle but it does have metal blade guard. Kind of a classic now.
Like these?
100_2967.JPG

how about ones that look like they should be retractable? 100_2977.JPG
Or real old school that has to be re sharpened? Haven't used it in yrs and needs cleaned up a bit, works for dry wall as well. 100_2971.JPG

Yah, I remember a time when there weren't hardly car seats for kiddos & only lap seat belts.

Some folks probably won't believe kids even rode in the front seat some times.
My ranchero and the 55 f100 I had not so long ago don't have belts they were an option.

The older Stanley knives are better quality IMHO. I bought the 10-525 carpet cutter when I was doing some flooring a while back. I had the same one when I used to kick carpet before I went in the Army. This new one turned out to be fickle piece of shinola. While the blade is retractable, it binds and takes a tremendous amount of effort to retract. I will crap can this one when I find a suitable replacement.

IMG_20200430_144613.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top