JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One is not better than the other, as far as "red dot" size, its going to be the size of the dot. A 5 MOA dot will be bigger than a 2 MOA. When it comes to that kind of thing it depends on if you want an easier to acquire dot, or one that doesn't block as much of the target.

One is not better than the other, as far as "red dot" size, its going to be the size of the dot. A 5 MOA dot will be bigger than a 2 MOA. When it comes to that kind of thing it depends on if you want an easier to acquire dot, or one that doesn't block as much of the target.

Thank you so much that was wat I was looking for u have helped me out thank u again

As semi stated it depends on application. I know a lot of the guys that shoot in subgun competitions use 8 MOA dots cause they are quick to pick up. I cant imagine using 8 MOA dot on a gun that I was planning on shooting 100 yards or more.
I have some IOR scopes with MP-8 Dot reticle that where the cross hair meet is a small gap where the cross hairs meet and there is a .25 MOA dot there. I love these scopes.

Yeah.If you are shooting under 20-30 yards,5moa isn't too bad,unless you are shooting really small targets.If you are shooting at 100 yards 1moa would be necessary.

Inside the house all you need is MOB (minute of badguy)

Yeah.If you are shooting under 20-30 yards,5moa isn't too bad,unless you are shooting really small targets.If you are shooting at 100 yards 1moa would be necessary.

I always use the term MOB and sub-MOB to discern whether a particular mini-14 is sub "minute of barn" or not. ;)

In simplest terms, it's 1 inch at 100 yards. Therefore a 2MOA dot will cover a 2 inches at 100 yards, 4 inches at 200 yards, ect.
Kind of, it's actually one 1/60th of a degree. It just so happens that it is very close to 1" at a distance of 100yds. It's actually ~1.047 inches at 100yds. For most people just saying 1 moa = 1" at 100yds, 2" at 200yds, and so on is close enough. If you are going to shoot at extreme long ranges like 800yds though, the difference becomes larger and it is important to know the distinction between the approximation and the exact.

I find that the ~3.2-3.5moa dot on the aimpoint micro series is small enough to be accurate out to 400yds or so, which is my max effective range without a scope and sandbags/bipod anyway.

Kind of, it's actually one 1/60th of a degree. It just so happens that it is very close to 1" at a distance of 100yds. It's actually ~1.047 inches at 100yds. For most people just saying 1 moa = 1" at 100yds, 2" at 200yds, and so on is close enough. If you are going to shoot at extreme long ranges like 800yds though, the difference becomes larger and it is important to know the distinction between the approximation and the exact.
That's why I said "In simplest terms" ;)

And all this time I believed MOB when applied to Mini-14's meant "Minute of Ballpark". PhysicsGuy must be one of those experts that has a wealth of information toward truly accurizing a Mini-14. I aspire to achieve his success.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top