Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

What's an M6 Scout worth?

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by raindog, Dec 28, 2012.

1. raindog

raindog Portland, OR Active Member

I have an M-6 Scout:

Springfield Armory M6 Scout - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bought it as a cool survival gun years ago when SA was still making them. Now I'm thinking the cash could be better spent elsewhere. Mine is the .22LR/.410, not the .22 Hornet. I do have all the extras - case, scope, sling, sleeve, etc.

Not really sure what it's worth. They are listed from $500 to $1200 on GunBroker. I don't think it's worth $1200 :) I don't think GunBroker lets you search completed auctions (or possibly I didn't see the right checkbox).

2. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

raindog and (deleted member) like this.
  3. raindog

raindog Portland, OR Active Member

Ha ha so true.

4. bmgm37

bmgm37 Coos Bay Active Member

They do have high capacity buttstocks :)

5. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

If it is in great shape $800 probably would not be out of line.

I sold one here a while back that was in decent shape, it got used when it was new. I sold it to someone I know and got $450 for it, we were both happy.

6. Blockhead

Blockhead Colorado New Member

I just sold one for $600 and it took about a month to do so listed on multiple forums. It was the 22 hornet/410 version in excellent condition.

7. shooter99

shooter99 n. spokane New Member

What did you decide you wanted for the M6? I would like one for the occasional grouse, while scouting.

8. robbijer

robbijer Salem Oregon Member

Should have no problem selling it for $500 or more depending on age and condition. I would imagine much more with all of the original accessories. I would like to see some photos of the accessories regardless if you end up selling it if you get a chance.

I was finally able to pick one up in November for $250. It is the stainless in .22 lr, but has been spray painted a camo.

Good luck

9. Keane

Keane Hillsboro, OR Active Member

I bought mine (a blued one) for $400 over the summer. It isn't in perfect shape, but it is exactly what I was looking for :)

In perfect condition and not a CZ made one, they are probably ~$800, a bit less if they are the CZ made ones, and less further based on condition.