JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't often bury things, but when I do, I don't post it on a public forum ;)

Just kidding. I would think the ideal things would be a 9mm Hipoint handgun, and a 9mm hipoint carbine with a bunch of magazines and maybe 500 rds of ammo, and a single shot
.22. With about 1000 rds. That is enough to hunt small game and defend yourself, as well as being dirt cheap and fairly reliable.

I'd say my inlaws but my MIL is 300lbs, I don't wanna dig a hole that big by hand, and don't have any friends with a backhoe :D

I would opt for above ground secure locations before burying anything. Are they going to destroy your home? Probably not. Sheetrock a couple guns into the back of a packed closet. Maybe put one under a false floor. If you have a basement, build a wall on one side with a gap out of cinder blocks - easy to destroy with a sledgehammer to gain access if needed. Then maybe get a couple storage facilities you pay cash for to keep as off the books as possible. Put a crate in there surrounded by some cheap Goodwill furniture to disguise it.

Buy a beater honda for cash, take the plates off, don't register it and park it someplace it won't get impounded or lit on fire. Render ot inoperable to avoid theft of the car. Fab up a secure locker and weld to the body, in the spare tire well, keep a broken down AR pistol and a few mags inside. You can put stuff in the visible cargo area you dont mind loosing. Water, MREs, clothes.

One may even be able to secret a few goodies away to their office or workplace, if they have one and you can access it without being watched by a bunch of busy bodies or security guards. A small lock box with a subcompact pistol in a kydex holster, couple mags, and 25 rounds of ammo just for a get home gun maybe. Hide it somewhere no one is likely to find it - above a false ceiling on a metal or wood support, on top of an out of the way air duct, etc.

Burying guns would be my last choice of methods to hide them if I had to hide them.

My ex,

but seriously, think I would rather build a secret closet. Always a fan of such things in movies, and television. Store my bat suit, utility belt and weapons. Would probably be a secret lair, more than a closet. Then I would have to find a spot for my bat mobile and the helicopter.

Last Edited:
Im considering burying some things. Caching away some items for the long paranoid haul.

What would you bury?

A rimfire rifle? An AR15? A Glock? A $200 pistol?

Magazines?

Ammo?

Food?

Anything else you would consider?
All of the above plus... medical/surgical/first responder stuff, some reloading supplies, a couple knives and a simple saw... gold and silver, maybe some useful do-it-yourself books. The $200 dollar pistol would be a Ruger. AR, Glock, .22 pistol and rifle covered. Maybe a machete?

I'd say my inlaws but my MIL is 300lbs, I don't wanna dig a hole that big by hand, and don't have any friends with a backhoe :D

I would opt for above ground secure locations before burying anything. Are they going to destroy your home? Probably not. Sheetrock a couple guns into the back of a packed closet. Maybe put one under a false floor. If you have a basement, build a wall on one side with a gap out of cinder blocks - easy to destroy with a sledgehammer to gain access if needed. Then maybe get a couple storage facilities you pay cash for to keep as off the books as possible. Put a crate in there surrounded by some cheap Goodwill furniture to disguise it.

Buy a beater honda for cash, take the plates off, don't register it and park it someplace it won't get impounded or lit on fire. Render ot inoperable to avoid theft of the car. Fab up a secure locker and weld to the body, in the spare tire well, keep a broken down AR pistol and a few mags inside. You can put stuff in the visible cargo area you dont mind loosing. Water, MREs, clothes.

One may even be able to secret a few goodies away to their office or workplace, if they have one and you can access it without being watched by a bunch of busy bodies or security guards. A small lock box with a subcompact pistol in a kydex holster, couple mags, and 25 rounds of ammo just for a get home gun maybe. Hide it somewhere no one is likely to find it - above a false ceiling on a metal or wood support, on top of an out of the way air duct, etc.

Burying guns would be my last choice of methods to hide them if I had to hide them.
I worked for a school district that had a old building that was being closed and to be demolished as the $$$ presented. One of the custodians was checking part of an old drop ceiling- found a rifle, a winchester IIRC.. this was before people went ballistic over the word "gun" in school... never figured out by whom nor why that rifle was left there..:cool:

Last Edited:
I worked for a school district that had a old building that was being closed and to be demolished as the $$$ presented. One of the custodians was checking part of an old drop ceiling- found a rifle, a winchester IIRC.. this was before people went ballistic over the word "gun" in school... never figured out who or why that rifle was left there..
Probably a relic from the Cold War days of fallout shelters...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top