JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Expensive large diameter heavy wall PCP white plastic piping with glue on caps. Nylon rope cargo netting with long pull ropes. Filled with non metal survival goodies like water, clothing, tents, netting. food, whatever. No metal. Buried places in the vast SW OR forest. Some areas burned. No problem. The tubes were buried deep. Post hole digger.

The landscape has changed. Some caches are quite easily Jeep accessible They tried to use location markers that were fire proof. Not D9 dozer proof. Boulders. It would be interesting indeed to make a day trip trying to find the caches years later. The contents will not expire. The placer years ago may. Carrying it forward to the next generation.

But ... strongly consider all of this stuff is just made up. Yikes! :)

Sounds like I'll need to start with a hatchet apparently!

:cool:

Why do you want to be burying things? I am curious about your thoughts. I too have considered this, and have picked up a couple of Mossberg JIC vaults and the Brownells cosmoline equiv. stuff to be ready, but I'm not ready to bury anything just yet.

gu60.jpg

467198_02_mossberg_500_j_i_c_bugout_load_640.jpg

BTW, when Mossberg was making and selling those shotgun/round storage container combos, I contacted Mossberg and said "hey, will ya sell me a couple of those" (containers only). And they did. They cost $40 plus $8 shipping, Tubes are 6" diameter and 32" long. One end is a plastic cap and the other is a Gripper Internal Pipe plug made by Cherne part number 27053.

So I got a Metro Barrel and some spare parts and such which I'll plant when the time comes if needed. Just so you all know, the 12" pvc with ends capped thing will work better and is cheaper. I'm more about having a fully stocked EMP container and remote location.

Also, for folks thinking of burying: https://www.brownells.com/gun-clean...ants/rust-prevention/rust-veto-prod26344.aspx

and if you'd rather waste your money and have less storage than the 12" PVC tubes: Mossberg 500® JIC® | O.F. Mossberg & Sons, Inc.

Last Edited:
What is the reason for burying supplies? Looking back at both natural and man made catastrophes across the globe I can't think of many situations where buried caches helped. Putting anything underground is predicated on two assumptions

1. You can return to the location
2. That item can not be found elsewhere

Those are two variables I wouldn't risk in a SHTF situation.

If you have some time check out Dave Canterbury on youtube. He does a great job explaining that it's better to have good tools (and knowledge) than a bunch of supplies. With the proper tools you can make anything.

No need to bury supplies. Have good situational awareness, knowledge of tools and equipment, and keep essentials within arms reach.

When I was a young PFC in the Marines I had a Master Sergeant place a rifle in the corner of the room. He asked me who controlled that rifle. I gave him a dumb look that all PFC's give and he responded "The one who gets there first...and that would be me. If you don't have the rifle in your hands you aren't in control"

That stuck with me ever since. I hope it helps you.

I more of the type that is glad to know some people with buried stashes than to actually bury anything...

Hatchets and "bones" are the exception.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads