JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Where you been Blitz?
Rumnoid? Who dat?

It certainly wasn't Romney that signed the "permanent semi auto ban is taxachusetts."

That myth was debunked back a few posts!

He most certainly did sign the ban, making it permanent. IMO that is worse than signing a temporary one. The only right move was to veto the permanance option

Veto? No ban at all

Sign it? Creating a permanent ban and violation We the people's inalienable rights. I consider him a domestic enemy

He most certainly did sign the ban, making it permanent.

No, Blitz, he did NOT sigh a permanent AWB, his predecessor did in 1998. That's what the GOAL website historic narrative is all about. It sets the record straight.

Until I read the GOAL thing, I thought Romney had signed the ban, but I stand corrected. I know the exec director at GOAL. He's a good guy and a pal of mine, and I've never caught him fibbing. He's also not shy about telling it like it is, and if Romney were guilty as charged, he'd be shouting it from the roof tops.

No, Blitz, he did NOT sigh a permanent AWB, his predecessor did in 1998. That's what the GOAL website historic narrative is all about. It sets the record straight.

Until I read the GOAL thing, I thought Romney had signed the ban, but I stand corrected. I know the exec director at GOAL. He's a good guy and a pal of mine, and I've never caught him fibbing. He's also not shy about telling it like it is, and if Romney were guilty as charged, he'd be shouting it from the roof tops.

Romney signed an extension to a permanent semi auto ban when we as a "free people" should have full access to all military weapons. I hate him and anyone who enables his kind... they are domestic enemies

Facts hurt...

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2012/10/16/will-media-fact-check-romneys-assault-weapons-b/190681

He is the militia's enemy and therefore the enemy of We the People. I sometimes wonder how many here have the IQ to understand what is really happening, or perhaps how many are here for ulterior purposes

He's a politician and politicians are mostly opportunists. Which person do you put faith in , who will not cave-in to public opinion when the pressure surmounts on them? Obama wants to do more than restrict us from owning military weapons.. Romney is a puppet to popularity and power.. I know Romney is probably one of my last pick of Republican candidates, but he is still a lot better than Obama. I think if we could ever convince a candidate to become more pro-gun, we have a much better chance of convincing Romney than Obama. This isn't the 90s anymore. Back then, everyone was anti-gun. Being pro-gun and pro-RKBA is actually a new phenomenon which Republicans have lately been championing. The libertarian voice has always been consistent, but that is not an option in this election. People forget that the Attorney General appointed by Obama tried very hard to introduce an Assault Weapon Ban into congress. He was silenced by his peers, not because of moral objection, but rather they felt he was being overzealous and moving their agenda faster than it should be. I guarantee if Obama stays in power, he will promote a strong anti-gun stance and possible legislation, whereas Romney will be doing a lot of a$$-kissing and trying to rally around the support of NRA and RKBA activists, who have a stronger voice than gay rights activists have on the liberal side of things.

Many are sore about ROmney and stupid things he has done in the past. I say give the guy a chance, let him prove to be a mess-up. I guarantee he cannot mess things up anymore than the current president. I also have a good feeling that a 2nd term Obama, will be the REAL OBAMA; not the phony-baloney media fanboy Obama we got to see in the first term.

Just wait to see how the next mass shooting is handled by a 2nd term Obama. It won't be pretty for us.. The gun buying frenzy of the previous election will be nothing in comparison.

Odd, according to GOAL, it appears you are the one doing the spinning Misterbill.
GOAL claims they supported exactly what Romney did in 2004.
They also point out that what Romney signed wasn't an AWB at all, but was a bill amending and relaxing the MA state AWB that had been around since 1998.

From GOAL's website:

The Romney Record, Mitt Romney's Record as Governor of MA

From the MA website, showing the date of the AWB:
Session Laws: CHAPTER 180 of the Acts of 1998

Willful ignorance AND outright lies indeed.
It seems, according to GOAL's own website, that YOU are the one guilty of the above charges.

I was there, And FWIW, I am STILL a Mass. GOAL dues-paying-member.

GOAL is spinning this the same way they did at the time.

the SPIN is that this was some kind of compromise issue.

It WASN'T.

We were gonna get hosed. We WERE gonna get a new AWB, period. The State "Powers that Be" (Including the currently in jail on corruption charges speaker of the house) had decided that we were going to get a AWB.

Mittens didn't just sign the bill (WHICH HE HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH CRAFTING) He re-iterated AT THE TIME, his support for an AWB and posed like some defender of freedom for lengthening the time for a firearms ID card. EVERYTHING good in that bill (which was precious little) was done by GOAL. It made the already completely insane issues SLIGHTLY less insane.

It's a FELONY to have a "post-ban" 12-round magazine in Mass. Forget a 30-round AR mag.

To even OWN a gun, ANY gun, you have to get permission from the state with a special permit and $100.

THIS is the kind of insanity which Mittens is bragging "The NRA supported."

GOAL "supported" the bill because the alternative was the SAME bill, which didn't have the minor tweaks in it.

GOAL took MASSIVE flack from the gun community over it's support of this bill and Romney. Ask gun owners in Mass how they feel about Romney.

Rather than standing on even a scintilla of principle on guns, Romney rolled right over and signed one of the most restrictive sets of gun laws in the country. So restrictive that the Brady Campaign gives Mass an "A."

Tell us all some more how much Mittens is on our side.

Romney signed an extension to a permanent semi auto ban when we as a "free people" should have full access to all military weapons. I hate him and anyone who enables his kind... they are domestic enemies

Facts hurt...

Will Media Fact Check Romney's Assault Weapons Ban Claim? | Blog | Media Matters for America
Here's the Massachusetts law: Session Laws: CHAPTER 180 of the Acts of 1998

http://www.malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartI/TitleXX/Chapter140/Section131m

Please note the date of 1998.
And when you find any semblance of a sunset clause, please point it out.
It's not there, and the bill that Romney signed in MA had nothing to do with it being/becoming permanent.

The Romney Record, Mitt Romney's Record as Governor of MA

The bill he signed actually relaxed parts of it, and force greater accountability on those in charge of overseeing it.
This is precisely what the law does, accordingto the very articles MMfA linked to:
The bill:

Changes the size of an FID card and LTC to a more manageable size;

Adds a 90 day grace period for both licenses and cards;

Requires police to give a receipt for confiscated firearms;

License and cards issued after September 28 will be valid for six years;

Creates a seven person board to review the cases of persons denied licenses and cards due to old misdemeanor convictions; and

Protects nearly 700 guns from being declared "assault weapons."

That's a FAR cry from anything that resembles the horrendously bad law that MA's democrats put in place in 1998.

The blog side of "media matters" Blitz? Really?
Did you expect the truth about a GOP candidate from George Soros' lackeys?
Really?
Maybe, if they had bothered to read what they linked, they'd have found this, like I did:
As our members know, S.2367 did not ban a single gun because the Massachusetts "assault weapons" law, unfortunately, does not expire with the federal law. The bill signed by the Governor actually protects Massachusetts gun owners with a permanent reference to federal definitions that provide them with a list of exempt firearms that numbers nearly 700.

And this:
"This is truly a great day for Massachusetts' sportsmen and women," said Senator Stephen M. Brewer. "These reforms correct some serious mistakes that were made during the gun debate in 1998, when many of our state's gun owners were stripped of their long-standing rights to own firearms.

Shame on you for not doing the same.

I was there, And FWIW, I am STILL a Mass. GOAL dues-paying-member.

GOAL is spinning this the same way they did at the time.
Wait wait, first you said this:
Well Dave, I actually lived in Mass when Romney SIGNED THE AWB. Ans no, aside from some BS the campaign has been spinning, GOAL did not want anything to do with that POS. Romney was all about the AWB and all about gun control as governor. Any other reading is either willful ignorance or an outright lie.
Now you say this:
the SPIN is that this was some kind of compromise issue.
It WASN'T.
We were gonna get hosed. We WERE gonna get a new AWB, period. The State "Powers that Be" (Including the currently in jail on corruption charges speaker of the house) had decided that we were going to get a AWB.
Why would they do that, when clearly they'd had one in place since 1998? It had no sunset clause, and it had fewer exemptions than the federal AWB.

Session Laws: CHAPTER 180 of the Acts of 1998

You can demonize Romney all you want Misterbill but please do it with facts, instead of unverifiable rantings, that shift in the wind.
You are doing the same thing you accuse the Mittster of!

It's a FELONY to have a "post-ban" 12-round magazine in Mass. Forget a 30-round AR mag.

To even OWN a gun, ANY gun, you have to get permission from the state with a special permit and $100.

GOAL "supported" the bill because the alternative was the SAME bill, which didn't have the minor tweaks in it.

GOAL took MASSIVE flack from the gun community over it's support of this bill and Romney. Ask gun owners in Mass how they feel about Romney.

Rather than standing on even a scintilla of principle on guns, Romney rolled right over and signed one of the most restrictive sets of gun laws in the country. So restrictive that the Brady Campaign gives Mass an "A."

Here is the law that was signed by Romney:
Session Laws: CHAPTER 150 of the Acts of 2004

And like GOAL said about it:
This is a perfect example of don't believe in titles.
Which sounds like good advice considering that you and many others are STILL railing about how it is supposed to be a permanent addendum to the 1998 law, when it is NOTHING of the sort.

This post of yours is the perfect example of your rantings over a law that Romney had nothing to do with, other than relaxing it a bit.

The law you and I and most gun owners hate is the one written by a legislature that was roughly 85% liberal democrat in 1998, and signed by a democrat governor!

And you, like so much of the MSM and many of the ignorant public, want to rant and rave and blame Romney for it when clearly there is no justification for that, except for what you can drum up in your head!
And you're STILL doing it, even when it's clear that it wasn't Romney's doing!

Sheesh!

Jamie, Do you really want Romney as the next President, or is it that you really do not want Obama again as the President?

Does it have to be a Republican? I thought you were for the Tea Party.

I am a registered independent and a TEA party advocate.
But after living through the Carter (I cast my first presidential vote for ol' Jimmeh) and obama years, I must say I view the #1 job this Nov. is to get obama out of the WH.

I believe he will "loose the dogs" on guns if he gets a second term.
This man, with no re-election hopes would be a dangerous person to have in the WH.

I'm not going to waste my time responding to the troll comments above.. Romney is a neo con anti gunner. Adios, amigos!

REVOLUTION!!! I love that man, the only, and last honest politician left in our government.... And the establishment will not allow us to have him as our pres....
I do hope that Rand or Justin Amash will be able to come close to filling the void that he will leave behind. How the people could not get him in is beyond me. And for that we will have to suffer the leadership of obamney..

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads