JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
The short answer? Find a populist candidate that makes the other chuckle-heads look like morons and is so popular withe we the people that the political machines can't push them out.

When Fox Broadcasting started the Fox TV network they were told they couldn't ever hope to compete with the 3 major networks. ABC, NBC and CBS had a virtual lock on over the air broadcasting. Now we see them as the 4th network. That's how you win. Give the people what they want with gusto. ☺ Regardless of your political affiliation, Fox News has done pretty much the same thing. CNN owned the 4th News Network spot for a long time but has been moved aside by a newer player.

If the Republicans and Democrats have stopped representing their core constituencies, a new, vibrant and straight talking candidate could create the groundswell for a viable third party win. You can't, however, do it by recycling candidates that lost out in one of the other teams primaries. It would have to be a standalone candidate that doesn't care who they piss off on either side. That's the only path to 3rd party success I can see.

Am I wrong?

I hear a lot of complaining about our candidates and though I have my favorite I wonder about those that hate both- what are you going to do about it or are you guys just going to keep on complaining? Let me guess - not use your right of voting?

James Ruby

I am going to fill out and send in my votes today. No, Obama and Romney will not have their little circle filled in. :)

%100 would be Awesome!!

And no, I didnt think it was directed at me.. rather at those in general not liking the top two..
You were wondering about those that hate both..
And what they would do about it.. then you questioned "are you guys just going to keep on complaining? Let me guess - not use your right of voting?"
Not really much room there to work with.
If I missed your intent, I apologize, but I still don’t see it..

Not looking to stir the pot, I just happen to know A LOT of people that do not like the top two choices, will not vote for the top two, and they are doing far more than just complaining, far more than just voting..
I agree, I do not fully accept other peoples complaints if they don’t even vote. As broken as the system seems to be, it is the only option we have short of a revolution to correct it.

We have heard for months how one candidate is worse that the other - take your pick - we hear this for months. How a vote for a third party is actually a vote for choose your oposing candidate. We hear how corrupt the system is , we hear about the voting being rigged. We hear complaints that one cheated the other or people are telling untruths based on biases. If our election system is as bad as everyone says it is when does the revolution start. What do we do about it? All I hear is complaining with no answers. ( This is not directed to any person or alias - it is general in intent)[/B

I really still think that our country and its election system is the best, sure it can be better - but I am overall happy with how they work, personally.
James Ruby

I work for a foreign company.

Am I anti-american?

ETA - I will add that capitalism means you can spend where you want when you want to maximize profit, which in a capitalist system, that's all that matters.

No, you are not anti-American. I don't blame the foreign companies that come and invest money, then creating jobs for us to have here in America. I blame the American companies that are doing all their products overseas, because of child labor and very small wages and then they come and sell their products here for prices like their products were made here in the good ol' USA. And whatever they have left, they sell them in the so called "outlets". And we are happy that we buy a product from 5-10 years ago at half price ... and put dollars into the pockets of the companies that take advantage of that.

I agree with what you said about capitalism ... but that doesn't mean that for a profit you have to step over cadavers ... Maybe what they taught us in school while I grew up in a communist country in Eastern Europe is then true: "Capitalism is the exploitation of men by other men ..." That sounds like your idea of capitalism.

No, you are not anti-American. I don't blame the foreign companies that come and invest money, then creating jobs for us to have here in America. I blame the American companies that are doing all their products overseas, because of child labor and very small wages and then they come and sell their products here for prices like their products were made here in the good ol' USA. And whatever they have left, they sell them in the so called "outlets". And we are happy that we buy a product from 5-10 years ago at half price ... and put dollars into the pockets of the companies that take advantage of that.

I agree with what you said about capitalism ... but that doesn't mean that for a profit you have to step over cadavers ... Maybe what they taught us in school while I grew up in a communist country in Eastern Europe is then true: "Capitalism is the exploitation of men by other men ..." That sounds like your idea of capitalism.

You could likewise blame the unions in America for driving up the cost of labor and forcing these American companies to go overseas to make a profit. If I owned a company and was forced to pay a worker $20 an hour to make a widget hat I could have manufactured in China and shipped to the U.S. at 1/2 the cost in order to maximize my investment than why wouldn't I?

You could likewise blame the unions in America for driving up the cost of labor and forcing these American companies to go overseas to make a profit. If I owned a company and was forced to pay a worker $20 an hour to make a widget hat I could have manufactured in China and shipped to the U.S. at 1/2 the cost in order to maximize my investment than why wouldn't I?

Yeah, this is classic conservatism. bubblegum everyone else, as long as I profit personally :)

Um maybe because its selfish, greedy and unpatriotic... but that "every man for himself" attitude seems to be the norm in America these days.

Your Commie buddies are partly right... Capitalism is the appropriation of mens labor by other men. Exploitation is a judgement call based upon where you fall on the differential rewards theory continuum. You may believe in a high degree of equality and therefore find extremes of societal rewards to be unjust or you may believe in the anything goes mantra which is well expressed in this quote by Thucydides "Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

Um maybe because its selfish, greedy and unpatriotic... but that "every man for himself" attitude seems to be the norm in America these days.
That's human nature. Even all of those communist leaders in the Soviet Union were living high on the hog while the average person was standing in line all day long to buy whatever the hell they could and all the while they were preaching their communistic ideals of the worker. The "every man for himself" attitude is not just a capitalist thing. What's wrong with looking out for yourself anyways?

That's human nature. Even all of those communist leaders in the Soviet Union were living high on the hog while the average person was standing in line all day long to buy whatever the hell they could and all the while they were preaching their communistic ideals of the worker. The "every man for himself" attitude is not just a capitalist thing.

Oh I would agree, but studies have shown that the "me first at any cost" trait tends to be strongest among the business and political elites - whether this is cause or effect I am not sure. Anyhow while self interest is part of human nature, in most people it is limited and kept in check by a strong desire to not trample on the interests of others. A really fascinating book on the nature of man and his relationship with both other men and government is the Hobbes classic "Leviathan", I would highly recommend it.

I know I don't like working for nothing do you?

Man, I don't know what the answer is. Some hardcore philosophers from the left, right and the middle have been trying to work it out for last 100 years or so. I think it all boils down to personal experience - once you are screwed one way or another, that's when your beliefs are set.

That's human nature. Even all of those communist leaders in the Soviet Union were living high on the hog while the average person was standing in line all day long to buy whatever the hell they could and all the while they were preaching their communistic ideals of the worker. The "every man for himself" attitude is not just a capitalist thing. What's wrong with looking out for yourself anyways?

Our leaders are well set as well. So where is the difference ? :) Soviets had a specific issue of central planning, thus lack of goods in the stores, and long lines when those goods would finally appear. This is usually the case - problem is not in the idea, but in the implementation.

I know I don't like working for nothing do you?

Then better don't work. The Government will take care of you :s0132::yes:

300_1621289.jpg

Status

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR