JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a dilemma right now I have one gun a Marlin 1894 44 mag with Skinner sights I want a revolver to go with it but I am set on 357 for revolver caliber, so if I get the revolver then the 44 levergun is getting traded for a 357 levergun I have 350 rounds of 44 mag I would trade ammo for ammo what is the likely hood of that happening in this lasts year's situation of events Okay I know some will say just get a 44 mag revolver and be done with it I prefer 357 mag in a revolver that is the only reason thanks for your thoughts

Tough dilemma. I want a 44 mag lever rifle and I have a Rossi 357 mag lever rifle. I also have revolvers in both 44 and 357. My problem is I don't want to get rid of any of them. My search will be for another Rossi in 44 mag unless the Henry's come down in price. Good luck with solving your dilemma.

I think you should trade a couple of those rounds for a period or two. You seem to be short on them.

But in all seriousness, you have nothing to lose by posting what you have in the classifieds and seeing what happens. Post the rifle and ammo together in one ad in the rifle classifieds, say that your only trade interests are lever rifles and revolvers in .357, and see what happens. Maybe you'll get lucky and someone wants the opposite trade, or maybe it'll sit there for weeks and you're no worse off than you are now. No way to know without trying.

.357 is always a good choice. Had fun running .38's through my HenryX this weekend suppressed. Enough fun that somebody down the line had to come by and comment on how quiet it was.

Is the rifle for a specific use or is it just a range toy?

The ammo I use for my 44 levergun is different than the ammo I use for my 44 handgun, so the interchangeability is a moot point to me, anyway.

If you're just punching holes in paper, or the unexpected negative social interraction with a hominid, then ammo interchangeability might be more important to you. I'd personally sell the 44 levergun and get a 357 in that instance.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top