JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
sometimes our senior club members donate to the junior club members various related gear/ammo/etc; what they can't use they eventually sell to increase their own operating budget.

One more story, sorry guys, I'm full of them: My grandfather's shop burned to the ground many, many years ago. He had some random ammo in the shop, and we found pieces of brass and bullets lying around for quite a while. The brass tended to fly farther than the bullets, though neither went far.

The funny part has to do with how we perceive and remember things during times of stress. My cousin was there for the fire, maybe 12 or 13 at the time. It was a traumatic event for him. The firefighters let it burn, and just kept it from spreading. He swore for years that he saw firefighters throw firecrackers into the fire and then pretend to fart when they popped. I mentioned that later to a friend who was a firefighter. He said that was extremely unlikely, as it's incredibly unprofessional. Far, far more likely was that it was the loose ammo popping, and my young cousin's mind subconsciously made up a logical explanation to make sense of what he was seeing. They say this sort of thing is why eye-witness crime accounts are so unreliable.

...and this is why women live longer, although we tend to have more fun. :D
Ask my face about stupidity and explosions. Got 4 scars that will be with me the rest of my life! Good thing I'm blind and wear glasses, otherwise I'd be a pirate.

So I have an cardboard box with a bunch of ammo for guns I no longer I own. I need to jettison it at some point soon. I'm thinking I, or the Mrs, might reach out to the local gun club to see if they have any use for said.

Anyone ever have such a box and how was it dumped?

Put 'em through the puller.
Water down the powder.
Recycle the brass
Donate the projectiles.

Or, do the responsible thing and throw them in the bonfire... :D

A blackpowder 45-70 round might be a little more exciting then a modern round should it be thrown in a fire.

I have a bunch of ammo for firearms I do not own. It rests in a couple ammo boxes on a shelf. You never know when you might need a 357 mag or a 25-06 round.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top