JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello NWFA,

I have family coming up from California in a few weeks. I just talked to them and they want to do something "outdoorsy" while in Oregon.

Any suggestions of where to take them? I was thinking crabbing. Any one know of things to do that are closer? Possibly good fishing that newbies can do.

Thanks for your help!

You're in Silverton. Why not hike the Silver Falls State Park's Trail of Ten Falls?

Or drive up toward McKenzie Pass and do a little hike on the lava fields. Very cool and the Pacific Coast Trail is accessible from the highway.

Canoeing the Deschutes from Sunriver north is good. Outfitters that rent canoes up there will shuttle you back to where you started.

Or white water raft the Deschutes out of Maupin. Again, lots of outfitters that can hook you up.

Crabbing is not a bad idea. Call Jim at Wheeler Marine in Nehalem. He has good prices for rental boats.(Let me know if you can't find the number, I can dig around for it) Also it's about half n half for hard and soft crab. Nothing like eating an dungeons crab! Or find a guide and go kill some silvers. Or go hiking...which you can do anywhere.

Also mouth of the Deschutes spin/fly for steelhead. Just bank it.

Hello NWFA,

I have family coming up from California in a few weeks. I just talked to them and they want to do something "outdoorsy" while in Oregon.

Any suggestions of where to take them? I was thinking crabbing. Any one know of things to do that are closer? Possibly good fishing that newbies can do.

Thanks for your help!

Full auto shoot on the 20th, posted. It might be before they arrive, though.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top