JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Complacency, over many federal elections, as well as state elections, has gotten us to this point. We The People should be calling out those who are our elected representatives, holding them publicly accountable, demanding an account of their actions... After all we are paying their salaries...
We should be calling them out and holding them accountable, but with the "news" turned against us how many people would it take to do any good? I'm not trying to shoot down the idea. Think of this as brain storming. What with the recalls not working, the only other course of action that comes to mind isn't the best. (At lest I hope it's not the best)

We should be calling them out and holding them accountable, but with the "news" turned against us how many people would it take to do any good? I'm not trying to shoot down the idea. Think of this as brain storming. What with the recalls not working, the only other course of action that comes to mind isn't the best. (At lest I hope it's not the best)
Your points are well taken, brainstorming is what we are going to need to begin holding them accountable.

Let's look locally, first we need a SoS that will actually do the job and not stonewall for those that favors are owed to. Then perhaps we can get some ballot initiatives before the people. Perhaps we will have another opportunity to stop the "fake emergencies"

When our local elected officials hold "town halls" or other community gatherings, this is the forum where you begin the process of calling them out, put the pressure on, keep them on subject and disallow deflection. Takes many like minded, strong willed people to be able to effect this, but I believe it can be done...

For our federal officials, again when they hold "town halls" or other community gatherings, this is the forum where you begin the process of calling them out, put the pressure on, keep them on subject and disallow deflection. Again, it's going to take an orchestrated effort of strong willed, like minded people... I think if we band together, we can make a difference...

What say you? Any and all feedback is welcome...

Nailed it nammac!!! Local is where things always need to start! Get in on the local meetings and such and hammer home points, keeping on topic and keeping from deflecting! Force answers and do not back down if the "official" doesn't have them. Need to find out Who the security is for these events I.E. State Popo, City copper's ect. Public demand should sway a County Sheriff to attend along with a few deputies so that Lawful assembly and 1st rights are maintained with out "Strong Arm" diplomacy enforced from the heavies! Maintain Bearing and focus and keep it up! Form up a small citizens group and elect a leading speaker to take up the verbal challenges at these meetings! Practice keeping calm and cool under pressure, and all should go well!

Going the the town hall meetings is definitely a good idea, and one I should look in to more.

Maybe E-mailing our representatives? I haven't done that because I'm just one person, what effect would I have. But every little bit should add up. To bad I'm not that well spoken. (And such a slow typer)

Going the the town hall meetings is definitely a good idea, and one I should look in to more.

Maybe E-mailing our representatives? I haven't done that because I'm just one person, what effect would I have. But every little bit should add up. To bad I'm not that well spoken. (And such a slow typer)
Have followed the email/call policy. I always voice my concerns and opinions. Unfortunately, it's difficult to call them out in the manner, that requires a public call out, in front of constituents. Forcing them to answer and an opportunity for the voters to dig deeper. There's really no match for public accountability.

E mails can have an effect, but a few members here have been politely asked not to any more! It shows that our voice isn't heard any more when they can simply pass over you with out even a glance past the name on the letter head!

E mails can have an effect, but a few members here have been politely asked not to any more! It shows that our voice isn't heard any more when they can simply pass over you with out even a glance past the name on the letter head!
Yup, been there, don't that... I suspect there's a whole faction of us whose communications are disregarded because they've learned our names... That's why that have to be called out publicly, there's really no other choice...

I actually saved all correspondences with these azzhats to use against them should that day ever come! Wouldn't that be something, standing there in a meeting with a fist full of rejected letters and demanding WHY they were not read or answered?!?!?! Got several for one Ron Wyden that were sent back, and a few generic form letters as well! And former Guv'ner Kulongoskey too!

I actually saved all correspondences with these azzhats to use against them should that day ever come! Wouldn't that be something, standing there in a meeting with a fist full of rejected letters and demanding WHY they were not read or answered?!?!?! Got several for one Ron Wyden that were sent back, and a few generic form letters as well! And former Guv'ner Kulongoskey too!
My biggest offender is Chuck Riley, Bloombergs tool... I badgered Wyden so much, I got a four page letter, via US Mail from him... He's another tool... And think of tool as a toilet plunger...

How public are city council meetings? What I mean by that is, do people hear what happens there? Do they record the meetings or anything?

Depends. I have attended Oregon City city council meetings - they are recorded, and, I think, broadcast too. Same goes for Clackamas County meetings.

Having been to several, they are, in my opinion, an exercise in futility. Listening in to the testimonies and the votes are kind of like beating your head with a slightly soft hammer. It does feel very much like it's hard to make any real change happen.

Last Edited:
We are at the cross roads now because of the Public's willingness to go along with the flow! We are also here because of Voter apathy in the elections! We get the Gov we have because many choose to vote the way the Media portrays the candidates with out actually digging in on their own and seeing the truth for them selves!

Nah, I'm not buying this. The theory here is that the dumb voters are just always picking the wrong candidate. If they picked the other one we'd be better off. They just always get it wrong.

No. Both candidates are the wrong candidate. The system is not designed for our benefit. Sorry!

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews