JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I bring a kid to haul a car battery, jumper cables and a bag of 0000 steel wool.

Then send back after I get my fire started:p.
I like that idea, but mind if I refine it a little? Instead of a kid I propose to bring:
?u=https%3A%2F%2Fchivethebrigade.files.wordpress.com%2F2011%2F11%2Fredheads-500-18.jpg

By doing it this way you might not need the car battery to supply heat. :rolleyes:

Little off topic but since you said pizza...

In my later years as a Boy Scout, we made camp and while everyone was getting stuff ready to cook, we used a cell phone and had pizza diliveres to the camp:D.

Some of the best camping food I've had - wild pizza:p

Little off topic but since you said pizza...

In my later years as a Boy Scout, we made camp and while everyone was getting stuff ready to cook, we used a cell phone and had pizza diliveres to the camp:D.

Some of the best camping food I've had - wild pizza:p

Beets the heck right out of Possum Grits!!!

We had 40 scouts and 10 adults to feed, and one huge pot to cook the noodles in. Dumb cluck adults couldn't figure out how to cook and feed in shifts. So the noodles never cooked soft and 4 hours later we all went to bed hungry. Sure coulda used some wild pizza!!!

I have been using a torch with an igniter and canister of Mapp Gas to light fires in my wood burning stoves in the shop and in the home. One canister lasts over a year in the home using it carelessly, [starting fires with 1''- 1.5'' -3'' stacked dry wood about 12 inches long]
in the shop they last three to five times as long. In fact I will bet a torch will probably will out last your stone in the long run.

I keep enough propane around for the kitchen stove about 200 gallons never under 100 for very long.
I can, in a pinch fill the MT map cylinders from that resource and If I need to use a hand saw to cut some fire wood it is just out the door.
The SHTF for me in the 1970s when I got out of NYC and started living a different life style by choice. I like to think we are somewhat prepared.
Never ate humans before But I might if I get hungry enough.
You know, the BIG ONE!!
Silver Hand

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top