JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Now that I am in A free state where FA ownership is a possibility I would like to acquire "something" as a starting point.

An Uzi seems like it would be a fun thing just to have around and seem reasonable in comparison to something like an M16

There is one on Gun broker at the moment that is $7500.

Compared to other full auto pricing $7500 seems pretty entry level. Seems like you could buy a MAC or a Sten for that kind of dough to buy out of those I would pick the Uzi.

So is $7500 what I should expect to pay? Is that a deal? Way to much? I simply have no frame of reference or experience.

I assume any pre 86 transferable is going to be at least that kind of dough and honestly that's probably about the limit to what I could swing.

I have no idea what would constitute the NFA item in an Uzi. If you had what ever registered part that was could you assemble the rest from a "kit" gun?

As you go down this path, consider your ammo cost (which is actually a bit oxymoronic for anyone aspiring to shoot full-auto).

9mm and .45 acp are both economical options compared to many other things. And there's rate of fire. When you shoot something that literally sprays bullets, a slower rate of fire is actually desirable, especially if you're interested in burping off 2-3 round bursts. Mag dumps are must-dos for newbies, but soon the thrill is gone when you have one of your own.

I've seen aftermarket bolt kits that slow rate of fire from 18 down to like 12 RPS.

If Uzi is out of your price range then maybe consider the cruder, less sleek MAC 10. Still very customizable.

As you go down this path, consider your ammo cost (which is actually a bit oxymoronic for anyone aspiring to shoot full-auto).

9mm and .45 acp are both economical options compared to many other things. And there's rate of fire. When you shoot something that literally sprays bullets, a slower rate of fire is actually desirable, especially if you're interested in burping off 2-3 round bursts. Mag dumps are must-dos for newbies, but soon the thrill is gone when you have one of your own.

I've seen aftermarket bolt kits that slow rate of fire from 18 down to like 12 RPS.

If Uzi is out of your price range then maybe consider the cruder, less sleek MAC 10. Still very customizable.

MAC 10/11 or any variation is out for me. I owned a couple semi auto ones when I was younger and for what ever reason have developed a dislike of them. It's purely mental, I just don't want one:D

Yep, that cool full auto Uzi is described up front as a dealer sample. Can only be sold to other special licensed dealers. Like already said, a nice transferable Uzi, (if you can find the real deal) would be very expensive? Over $25K or more? Even higher?

Consider in general embracing the rather steep learning curve about NFA stuff, (full auto guns) and in particular the USGI M2 Carbine. Fun learning up on all of this. All doable via the computer. Lots of full auto forums. All legal most places in the USA.

The M2 USGI .30 cal Carbine has many legal NFA paths to ownership. NFA means National Firearms Act. Federal Law. Our route cost us about $6000 about 8 years ago. Now worth well over $10K? Just another aspect of much fun. Leaning up is fun.

The real deal collectible and legal full auto firearms tend to $appreciate$ in value way above most savings programs and equal the Stock Market as a viable investment. Plus the fun fact you can safely and legally shoot them off. We employ a private shale quarry.

But ... please understand that once you enter the legal fun and madness of full auto weapons ownership and employment, you can never go back. The hobby has a way of becoming more and more expensive. All fun and doable. All it takes is time and money.

All Oregon USA State Laws, US Code Laws And NFA Rules Apply. :)

The reason to own a Class III is for the investment. The number of fully transferable machine guns will only decrease over time, and the number of shooters who would like to own one keeps increasing. In 1988 you could have bought an M16 for around $2500. Today that rifle would get close to $30,000.

upload_2017-6-22_13-22-17.gif

Oh, and they ARE fun to shoot!

@IronMonster, since you probably have the capability and resources:
  1. Create your own company or establish an independent subsidiary of your existing company;
  2. Get your FFL Type 7 and become a SOT Class 2 (manufacturer of NFA weapons);
  3. Get your FFL Type 1 and become a SOT Class 3 (dealer in NFA weapons);
Then, all your fun becomes a tax write-off. You just have to put up with the impromptu inspections by the BATF.

Depending upon the variant, the Machine Gun Price guide has them floating around $13-16K for a full transferable one. Though I have not been actively looking for that particular buzz gun, that does seem to be about right for the few I've seen on various sites.

For whatever it is worth, there are various conversion kits for the Uzi if you want to run .22LR instead of 9mm. The Small Arms Review (SAR) has an overview here.

Cheers.

Full auto UZIs aren't carbines.... they are SMGs.

There are semi auto Uzi carbines, for a lot less $.

Ok fine, I was trying to differentiate between a pistol and the thing with a stock. Since I owned several Uzi pistols and a model B carbine that's what my head says.

Thus big Uzi with a stock = carbine. If I am ever lucky enough to get a SMG I'll have to add that to my vernacular

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews