JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Been reading up a bit on the proposed laws in OR and trying to figure out what to buy to get ahead of them.

What is the most important to buy based on the proposed laws? I'm not asking about "what guns should everyone own", I'm focused on getting ahead of the laws specifically. One cant buy everything so I'm trying to prioritize and would love to hear any thoughts u may have.

Fe:

-Stripped lower?
-complete lower?
-high capacity mags?
-Complete AR?
-Others?

Thanks for any thoughts or ideas!

All lower small parts...springs, detents, pins etc.

Bolt and carrier parts...gas rings (don't skimp here), extractors with springs and buffers. Ejector spring and pin. Firing pins, cam pin and FP retainers. Action/recoil springs.

And two of the most overlooked parts...magazine springs and followers.

If you have any hesitation about working on ARs, get with someone to go over them with you, or find an armorer class.

Bolt and carrier parts...gas rings (don't skimp here), extractors with springs and buffers. Ejector and spring. Firing pins, cam pin and FP retainers. Action/recoil springs.

Man these are solid points! I have been buying some spare BCGs, and was considering some spare bolts, but the gas rings are a critical wear item.

Do you have some name brands you prefer for these small parts?

You can buy gen 2 pmags on sale online at places like brownells, palmetto state armory, or midway for $8. PSA has $7 DSA mags too sometimes. No reason not to buy like 20 minimum.

I like buying Aero lowers from local shops, always good to pick up a extra few, + some lower build kits.

I have seen a lot of gas rings fail. I would only get rings by Colt, or any of the reputable BCG makers...same for the other parts.

I know how you shoot Taco...with that kind of intensity, you'll be pushing mediocre parts to their limits.

You remind me of Lucas Botkin of T Rex Arms.

I have seen a lot of gas rings fail. I would only get rings by Colt, or any of the reputable BCG makers...same for the other parts.

I know how you shoot Taco...with that kind of intensity, you'll be pushing mediocre parts to their limits.

You remind me of Lucas Botkin of T Rex Arms.

Hahaha. Skinny and has to speed up his videos to look cool? :eek::D

I added 6x colt gas rings and some springs and magazine rebuild kits to my brownells cart. They didn't have any bolt rebuild kits I liked, but I will keep an eye out for them.

Bolt and carrier parts...gas rings (don't skimp here), extractors with springs and buffers. Ejector spring and pin. Firing pins, cam pin and FP retainers. Action/recoil springs.

^^^This is spot on.

I keep life simple and stick with Colt, BCM and SIONICS for all my little parts (except for some ambi-control items) and Sprinco action springs.

I keep multiples of these:
BCM SOPMOD Bolt Upgrade Rebuild Kit
Along with extra gas ring packs, firing pins, cam pins. In addition to the spare parts I keep multiple bolts on hand. Carrier keys and proper fasteners.

Look at some of the packages offered by SIONICS:
Lower Receiver Parts - SIONICS Weapon Systems

ETA: Forgot gas tubes, I've been liking SIONICS Melonite finish, I keep multiple of all lengths, but heavier on the mids as that is where I have primarily landed. I'm also putting a few barrels on the side.

I have never concentrated on spare mag parts, I just buy complete mags and save parts from worn or broken mags to rebuild what I have. The exception is replacing the old crappy G.I. followers with Magpul anti-tilt followers.

Last Edited:
Been reading up a bit on the proposed laws in OR and trying to figure out what to buy to get ahead of them.

What is the most important to buy based on the proposed laws? I'm not asking about "what guns should everyone own", I'm focused on getting ahead of the laws specifically. One cant buy everything so I'm trying to prioritize and would love to hear any thoughts u may have.

Fe:

-Stripped lower?
-complete lower?
-high capacity mags?
-Complete AR?
-Others?

If you do not have any ARs go buy two identical complete QUALITY rifles, lots of mags, lots as ammo.
If you are already set up good there, concentrate on parts to them alive (see above) plus lots of mag, lots of ammo.
AR specific tools and armorer schooling is some of the best money I've spent on the subject.

If you don't already have it, I don't see the point in you rushing out to buy it since it clearly wasn't a priority for you before this most recent panic. Unless your plan is to stock up on things you think people will pay abhorrent prices for (byproduct of this thread) like during the .22 drought. I'm finding all these defeatest threads redundant, and sickening. It sours the forum like pissing in the well.

You might want to but anything and everything you think you might use of want. But, I think that would be silly, because parts are going to be around for a long time before they dry up. But, then everyone might feel the same way and prices will begin to go crazy high.

Personally, I don't plan on doing anything.

If you don't already have it, I don't see the point in you rushing out to buy it since it clearly wasn't a priority for you before this most recent panic. Unless your plan is to stock up on things you think people will pay abhorrent prices for (byproduct of this thread) like during the .22 drought. I'm finding all these defeatest threads redundant, and sickening. It sours the forum like pissing in the well.

Didn't realize there was a panic going on. Availability is high, prices are low and I'm not seeing any crazy price hikes anywhere. My advice to everyone is buy during times like this and not feed "panic buying", already have it on hand and shake your head at $100 mags, that's not defeatist it's common sense buying.

I didn't buy one round of 22lr at stupid prices, just shot other guns and kept most of what I had

NewYou might want to but anything and everything you think you might use of want. But, I think that would be silly, because parts are going to be around for a long time before they dry up. But, then everyone might feel the same way and prices will begin to go crazy high.

Personally, I don't plan on doing anything.

I'm not doing anything different than I was already going to do.

Buy, buy, buy!

Lol!

I don't think most I know will actually shoot their guns enough to see the need for replacement parts. A spare bolt is a good idea. As is a spate firing pin.

Unless you have inexpensive AR15 components or beat the crap out of your gun, or compete three times a month. I'd say don't worry about it. Buy more Ammo.

Fe:

-Stripped lower?
-complete lower?
-high capacity mags?
-Complete AR?
-Others?

I would learn to reload based on the bills that have been introduced in OR.

20 rounds a MONTH!?!

Ya I'd start stockpiling powder, primers, bullets, and brass. Its a bit pricy to get into but well worth it if they manage to make your favorite firearms useless without ammo to feed them.

Just my $0.02 from a current free state.....

Last Edited:
^^^This is spot on.

I keep life simple and stick with Colt, BCM and SIONICS for all my little parts (except for some ambi-control items) and Sprinco action springs.

I keep multiples of these:
BCM SOPMOD Bolt Upgrade Rebuild Kit
Along with extra gas ring packs, firing pins, cam pins. In addition to the spare parts I keep multiple bolts on hand. Carrier keys and proper fasteners.

Look at some of the packages offered by SIONICS:
Lower Receiver Parts - SIONICS Weapon Systems

ETA: Forgot gas tubes, I've been liking SIONICS Melonite finish, I keep multiple of all lengths, but heavier on the mids as that is where I have primarily landed. I'm also putting a few barrels on the side.

I have never concentrated on spare mag parts, I just buy complete mags and save parts from worn or broken mags to rebuild what I have. The exception is replacing the old crappy G.I. followers with Magpul anti-tilt followers.

Do you know if the BCM SOPMOD upgrades kits are compatible with Spikes Tacitical BGCs. I also have two BCGs from Armalite as well. I do have few sets of gas ring sets already but do not a have an extractor rebuild kit.

Do you know if the BCM SOPMOD upgrades kits are compatible with Spikes Tacitical BGCs. I also have two BCGs from Armalite as well. I do have few sets of gas ring sets already but do not a have an extractor rebuild kit.

They're mil-spec just like you would get from Colt, assuming the BCG is also mil-spec it should work fine

Last Edited:
Buy, buy, buy!

Lol!

I don't think most I know will actually shoot their guns enough to see the need for replacement parts. A spare bolt is a good idea. As is a spate firing pin.

Unless you have inexpensive AR15 components or beat the crap out of your gun, or compete three times a month. I'd say don't worry about it. Buy more Ammo.

Add to that list a cam pin and a FP retaining pin, those are the parts I keep on me, having those four parts will solve a lot issues.

I haven't seen anything in the proposed Oregon legislation that would affect the sale of springs, detents, pins bolt and carrier parts...gas rings, extractors with springs and buffers, ejector spring and pins, firing pins, cam pin and FP retainers, or action/recoil springs for people 21 or older. I wouldn't worry about those unless you are under 21.

Stripped lowers, magazines that hold >10 rounds, and threaded handgun barrels are the priority items. I bought these this week

dsc_0226-medium-jpg.jpg

and I'm about to send a $566 order for various magazines. I'm going to keep buying magazines and stripped lowers until these dumb laws say I can't.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top