1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

What Obama Cant Defeat

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by KTM530XCW, Jan 4, 2016.

1. KTM530XCW

KTM530XCW Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Current law still keeps burden of proof on ATF, regardless of what his exec order said.

18 USC 921

(21) The term “engaged in the business” means—

(C) as applied to a dealer in firearms, as defined in section 921(a)(11)(A)

.....but such term shall not include a person who makes occasional sales, exchanges, or purchases of firearms for the enhancement of a personal collection or for a hobby, or who sells all or part of his personal collection of firearms;

Medic!, Slobray, RLS and 3 others like this.
  2. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

And, it's important to remember that the ATF explicitly notes that 01 FFL licenses are not issued to individuals for their own personal use - you have to establish an actual business. Then you have the requirements such as a place of business, a business license and approval to have the business in the area where you live or have the business. I wonder if he plans to make 01 FFL's to anyone that wants one, lessening the restrictions that keep many individuals from getting one in the first place? While I seriously doubt he would consider such a thing, I wonder if the ATF would be in favor of such a change?

No, I'm sure he will craft it in such a way as to make sales as difficult as possible for you and me.
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
    Medic!, Sstrand, Slobray and 2 others like this.
  3. bnsaibum

bnsaibum Corvallis, OR Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer

This is likely what was meant in the White House's press release
  4. Dyjital

Dyjital Albany, Ore Flavorite Member

Wait.... They did take it.
    Slobray likes this.