JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
mjb.... maybe to minimize the possibility is much better than not carrying.

If you think you can do it with a Glock YOU can do it with your XD.I mean you do push down on your XD to holster it,no? So there for you could push the grip safety and catch the trigger,cause you have no business carrying,I mean the person would have no business carying,cause they don't know how to holster a gun.

Again,just sayin'

I'll just be on the opposite side of you from where you carry.

Never understood the point of a safety on a decocked SA/DA pistol. Once its decocked, the trigger pull is approximately the same as DA revolver, and you don't hear folks worrying about carrying those without a safety.

My two cents worth as I think about everything posted so far...
The answer to the question has everything to do with who is carrying the pistol, how much training they engage in, the quality of equipment they use, and how well they maintain their firearm. No gun is going to go off on its own while holstered unless the weapon is poorly maintained or the holster has something wrong with it. This speaks directly to maintenance of equipment as well as quality. As for leaving the chamber empty and only racking the slide if the SHTF...if you can take the time to train to do that quickly you could also take that time to learn how to properly handle a pistol with one in the chamber; it's all about training, your initial training and how much time you are willing to spend training on an ongoing basis. For me, if the time ever comes that I need to use my weapon I want the extra time to be focusing on the front sight, not trying to get a round in the chamber.

Finally, what will you carry? That really depends on your body type, how you dress and what you shoot well. It may also depend on what time of year if you have the money for multiple guns. At one point I carried a Glock. Now I rotate, depending on a number of factors between a Taurus 709 Slim and a commander sized 1911, both with one in the chamber. On occasion I have also carried various revolvers. Two of my sons routinely carry, the first alternates between a Glock and full sized 1911 and the other alternates between a SA XD and a commander sized 1911. None of us has any problem concealing any of these even though we are all different sized men nor have any of us shot ourselves in the leg or anywhere else for that matter.

In the end it really comes down to personal preference and what you are most comfortable with.

Stay safe!

As stupid as the video is (GLOCK vs XD) it completly true.
If Glocks went off by themselves do you think all those cops would be packing Glocks really? I am not a fan of Glocks by any means but the XD is much more top heavy than the Glock but that is probably the reason why they are more accurate.

419220_389471101065393_100000075205935_1567285_591121305_n.jpg

Yup M&P it never happens only with Glocks :). But if you practice your draw with you finger never on the trigger. And your re holstering. There's no race re holstering. Take your time look at the holster. Make sure nothings there in the way.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top