JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yup.....Cancelled.

Speedy Gonzales.
and
Slow Poke Rodriguez.

Cancelled.....What The ________ ????

Yeah.....it's right there in the US Constitution.

The 1st Amendment according to the Liberals.....

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances, unless someone claims to be offended by your practice thereof."

Aloha, Mark

Yup.....Cancelled.

Speedy Gonzales.
and
Slow Poke Rodriguez.

Cancelled.....What The ________ ????

Yeah.....it's right there in the US Constitution.

The 1st Amendment according to the Liberals.....

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances, unless someone claims to be offended by your practice thereof."

Aloha, Mark
Hm, must be why I'm so messed up. I watched ALL of those terrible cartoons. I could be more like todays Gen-Y and Gen-Zer's if I'd been kept away from them. Those guy don't even have to WORK for hell's sake!

That cartoon is racist.
I remember quite a few years back, that Cartoon Network or someone announced that they would no longer be showing Speedy Gonzales cartoons, due to the "racial stereotypes".

Apparently there was quite the outcry; huge numbers of people wrote letters and emails demanding that they bring Speedy back.

You know who spoke out the loudest, by far? Hispanics! They loved Speedy, he's their guy! Yes, Speedy is Mexican, and proud of it! :)

I remember quite a few years back, that Cartoon Network or someone announced that they would no longer be showing Speedy Gonzales cartoons, due to the "racial stereotypes".

Apparently there was quite the outcry; huge numbers of people wrote letters and emails demanding that they bring Speedy back.

You know who spoke out the loudest, by far? Hispanics! They loved Speedy, he's their guy! Yes, Speedy is Mexican, and proud of it! :)
As long as Ren & Stimpy don't get cancelled...lol

My daughter and I were discussing racial issues and I showed her this cartoon clip. We were talking about how to view things like this. She said that she saw it as a bit offensive, mostly because of the exaggerated Mexican accents. I can see that.

I remember many years ago having a similar conversation with a Hispanic friend; he said that he laughed off stuff like this and it never bothered him in the slightest, unless it was intentionally mean. He said it irritates him that white liberals are always looking for reasons to be offended on his behalf, and he was quite capable of deciding what he was offended by on his own, thank you very much. Then again, he's a third-generation American (IIRC) of Mexican heritage, who lives quite comfortably in the "white world" (so he says), so maybe his opinions aren't necessarily representative of most Hispanics.

Anyhow, I thought I'd add this comment in case anyone took this thread in a way other than what I intended. I thought the Speedy/Slowpoke clip was funny just because it touched on concealed carry, and maybe you shouldn't mess with that "easy victim", because he just might be packing an equalizer!

No offense intended, and I sincerely apologize to anyone I may have offended. I try to be open to learning about issues like this. My kids, being a younger generation, often have a different way of looking at it than I do, and I appreciate that.

My daughter and I were discussing racial issues and I showed her this cartoon clip. We were talking about how to view things like this. She said that she saw it as a bit offensive, mostly because of the exaggerated Mexican accents. I can see that.

I remember many years ago having a similar conversation with a Hispanic friend; he said that he laughed off stuff like this and it never bothered him in the slightest, unless it was intentionally mean. He said it irritates him that white liberals are always looking for reasons to be offended on his behalf, and he was quite capable of deciding what he was offended by on his own, thank you very much. Then again, he's a third-generation American (IIRC) of Mexican heritage, who lives quite comfortably in the "white world" (so he says), so maybe his opinions aren't necessarily representative of most Hispanics.

Anyhow, I thought I'd add this comment in case anyone took this thread in a way other than what I intended. I thought the Speedy/Slowpoke clip was funny just because it touched on concealed carry, and maybe you shouldn't mess with that "easy victim", because he just might be packing an equalizer!

No offense intended, and I sincerely apologize to anyone I may have offended. I try to be open to learning about issues like this. My kids, being a younger generation, often have a different way of looking at it than I do, and I appreciate that.
One of the funniest Mexican jokes I ever heard was from a Mexican, and really, he had to tell it because the accent really sold it. We've reached a point now where everyone is special and it's actually fashionable to hypersensitive. It'll pass soon enough because it's not sustainable. It gets to be too much for rational people.

That was awesome. Wish more Americans could be this open, honest, and vulnerable.

I've had many an issue along the same characterization that you have illustrated. Though.....with my son.

I've mostly written it off as.....

"He just can't take a joke."
and/or
"I'm old."

But then.....
He probably learned to be socially disgusted in school. So?

Aloha, Mark

PS...... THAT wasn't the only thing he learned in school.
Its-all-about-Deer-Hunting.jpg

Last Edited:
I suspect that this wouldn't work without the accent.....

Badges.jpg

Aloha, Mark

PS.....on the other hand.....since it depicts Mexicans in a negative light.....maybe the entire move should be CANCELLED?

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top