JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've had many an issue along the same characterization that you have illustrated. Though.....with my son.

I've mostly written it off as.....

"He just can't take a joke."
and/or
"I'm old."

But then.....
He probably learned to be socially disgusted in school. So?

Aloha, Mark

PS...... THAT wasn't the only thing he learned in school.
View attachment 1074073
I understand, and I'm opposed to the hypersensitiveness too. It seems everyone's looking for a reason to be offended. At the same time though, I have no desire to actually offend anyone, and if I can help it I won't. Just because the radical woke take things to an absurd degree, doesn't mean they don't have a point, at least a little. We've taught our kids to think things through for themselves. As such, they're generally able to see through the hypocrisy and absurdity of the radical left, but they are also sharp enough to point out logical fallacies on the right as well, and I encourage them to talk about it. It may challenge my own views at times, but that's not a bad thing.

I was watching a Youtube video a while back. It was about ancient civilizations in the western hemisphere. I find myself fascinated in such things. I couldn't get very far into the video though. It was narrated by some stuck-up professor. He was going on about what to call the original inhabitants of the Americas.

I'm personally sympathetic to Native American views. I have a very small percentage of Native American ancestry; not enough to consider myself as one, but enough to be fascinated by and respectful of the history and culture. This guy was going on about how terrible and racist it is to call them Indians. He then said that it's also wrong to call them "Native American", since "American" is a European word. He arrogantly droned on about what might be the appropriate label to use.

If Native Americans want to be called "First Nations" or something like that, I can respect that (after all, "Indian" really is a 500 year old misnomer), but it's not a term I'd use just because some self-righteous, condescending white professor demanded it. He then said that many Native Americans very commonly use the term "Indian" for themselves, and that it was up to "us" to "educate" them, so they would know to be offended by that terrible term. What an arrogant jerk.

If Native Americans want to be called "First Nations" or something like that, I can respect that (after all, "Indian" really is a 500 year old misnomer), but it's not a term I'd use just because some self-righteous, condescending white professor demanded it. He then said that many Native Americans very commonly use the term "Indian" for themselves, and that it was up to "us" to "educate" them, so they would know to be offended by that terrible term. What an arrogant jerk.
This is a very true statement.

I live on the Swinomish Reservation ...on Indian Rd.

Speaking only for myself...I try to use the name of the tribe if I am speaking in general terms..or just their names , Like Tom , Bob , Charlie , etc....:D

I too try not to insult anyone by accident...If I insult you , I will do so intentionally.....:eek: :D

Seriously through...its the self righteous , condescending jerks like you describe , that can cause more issues where none exist that is the actual problem , in many cases.
Andy

The original post asked what kind of gun it was and just so you know its not a real gun its a prop gun on a movie set just like the one Alec Baldwin used!

So all will turn out well for the actors.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top