JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was at an area that ODFW logged and some idiot came over to me and started asking me about my guns. I looked down and the loaded AR-15 was pointed at my leg, the .44 magnum right toward my crotch, a semi automatic .45 auto pistol pointed at my foot, and a .45 auto rifle pointed right at my knee. I left right away.
This should be in strange things found in the woods. A guy with four arms!:eek:
:D

Well, it happened again but not as bad as previous story. Same bay, same friend.

We were shooting pistols by with the clays against the berm/backstop and then switching to shotguns to clean up the larger pieces of clays. We were cleaning up our shotgun cases and were thinking about doing some advancing while shooting when somebody comes in and starts setting up targets half way down the range. We were down range and in a cease fire mode anyway.

It got me thinking... What if I had a bay like this to do shooting where I wanted to advance? How the hell am I supposed to do this while he has his targets at the 12 yard line? Suddenly the firing line becomes the furthest back shooter. I can't have his targets behind me... jackass.

Pissed as I was I decided it was best to shut my mouth and leave.

...and if you are reading this, maybe ask the guys in that range if they were cleaning up to go home or cleaning up to remove debris from the range.

D!ckheads need to communicate so they realize the people in there aren't done, were not cleaning up to leave and still had about 100 rounds of 9mm to burn.

Well, it happened again but not as bad as previous story. Same bay, same friend.

We were shooting pistols by with the clays against the berm/backstop and then switching to shotguns to clean up the larger pieces of clays. We were cleaning up our shotgun cases and were thinking about doing some advancing while shooting when somebody comes in and starts setting up targets half way down the range. We were down range and in a cease fire mode anyway.

It got me thinking... What if I had a bay like this to do shooting where I wanted to advance? How the hell am I supposed to do this while he has his targets at the 12 yard line? Suddenly the firing line becomes the furthest back shooter. I can't have his targets behind me... jackass.

Pissed as I was I decided it was best to shut my mouth and leave.

...and if you are reading this, maybe ask the guys in that range if they were cleaning up to go home or cleaning up to remove debris from the range.

D!ckheads need to communicate so they realize the people in there aren't done, were not cleaning up to leave and still had about 100 rounds of 9mm to burn.
Bummer! I don't share bays with people I don't know. If I get there & there all full, I go back up to rifle. Granted I avoid going on the weekend, for the most part.

I suppose if the only range time I had & it was busy, then I might consider asking about sharing, with the expectation of "No" for any number of reasons.

To just jump in and setup...really bad form.

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but this is a goodie, so I have to share a few stories.

First, I was once the guy. I had my Mosin unloaded, at a clear cut in GF NF, and bolt out. Bolt was very stiff, so I put it in, and tried to work it a few times. I load it, and while closing the bolt notice that it comes back a bit; someone cut it a bit deep before me. I debate whether to fire or not, but decided to pull the trigger; except my cousin called out to me at the same time. So I lift up my cheek, relax my grip and BAM!
Luckily, I'm not a complete tard, so I had it pointing not only in a safe direction but directly at the target. The gun sprained or somehow shocked my wrist, but the bullet hit the target!

Shows how important gun safety is, as well as not distracting/not getting distracted by other people while shooting, unless it's some sort of drill.

The other one is from the first time I went shooting. A buddy knew a place where he "had been shooting my whole life" and we went there so I could learn to shoot. 30 minutes after I fire my first shots, we see a Forest Service dude pull up, he yells like a complete nut at us (not a normal yell, but dripping with hate and aggression) about how he's gonna arrest us if we're still there in 5 minutes.

Not sure who "that guy" was in that situation, my buddy, who had shot there for years, or the Forester dude.

I remember in the 70s growing up my dad had a really nice Searay that we took to a lake for a day of skiing and generally just screwing off... as we run across the lake, he says... "man, the boat is really sluggish" he has me take the wheel and goes back to the engine box to see water in the bilge high enough for the crank pulley to be throwing water around:eek:... yup he forgot to put the plug in... and the plug was sitting comfortable in his shop 250 miles away. He grabbed the wheel back and made a beeline for shore to jump into his truck and go find a new plug in town.. My job for the next hour? Stand in the water like the little Dutch boy with my finger in the plug hole :confused:
Been there but should have just put it on trailer or kept driving around till the water drains out

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews