JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I want to pick up a .280AI barrel for my T/C Encore and can't decide on the which length to get. I want the barrel to be long enough to reap the benefits of the cartridge without hitting the point of diminishing return. Factor barrel come in 24", 26" and 28" lengths, but I'll most likely go with a MGM or Bullberry so custom lengths are on the table.

I do not know that cartridge but I love my MGM barrels for my encore. I will be getting a threaded 16.25 45/70 MGM barrel soon. Largely that length because the suppressor is almost a foot long

My kimber in 280 ai is a dedicated light weight hunter so the 24" barrel works well on it. My handloads spit a 160 gr partition out at 2950 which has proven to be been great elk and deer medicine. I believe I safely could get even more velocity but stopped at 2950, which is on a pretty good accuracy node in my rifle. If I was in you situation I probably would opt for a 26" tube, because as you mentioned, it already carries shorter in that action. That way you can take advantage of some of the slower powders and really tap into it's long range potential with heavy high bc bullets.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top