Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

What is "Off Topic"

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by jib, Oct 15, 2011.

1. jib

jib Central OR Active Member

I have tried to find the answer here, only to be deleted and my computer infected with malware :paranoid: I hope someone will help me out here.

2. MarkAd

MarkAd Port Orchard Well-Known Member

Who deleted you and who do you think infected your computer. You seem to presume that NWFA had something to do with that. Have you ask any of the moderators for help.

3. jib

Deleted posts, I would assume the moderators.

Malware attacks, I don't know.

I have not asked the mods for help, this post will probably be deleted by then.

4. tlfreek

tlfreek Vancouver WA Active Member

off topic? if skittles taste better than starbursts, knock knock jokes and if Charlie the Unicorn is a victim by choice.

5. FMJ 911

FMJ 911 Snohomish, Washington Active Member

We're not allowed to talk about anything except guns.

6. 22many

22many PNW Well-Known Member

Lately i have watched this whole deleating post thing get out of hand. Seems one of the newer mods is doing his part to see things his way.

7. jib

I don't feel comfortable in a forum that chooses which rights we are free to exercise.
    If I am not allowed to speak my mind here, I will leave.

8. locobob

locobob Beaverton, Oregon Well-Known Member

Yep, not a good trend at all. I noticed the thread in Political/Legal regarding Herman Cain's views on gun control disappeared as well. Seems to me that was a VERY timely and perfectly legitimate topic.

9. Tenbore

Tenbore Salem New Member

A privately owned forum can have whatever rules they want. You have no rights, only privelages.

10. supergenius

supergenius 206 Active Member

As long as all the religious political crap is kept out of GD, I could care less. GD is just that..

That was the whole point of the political/religion section a while back though, some of us dont want to read about one persons religious or political rantings or beliefs... Someone over moderating that section most probably because they dont agree with somebody does indeed suck.

Im here for Guns, gun related topics, and the occasional High octane burnout oriented stuff....

Malware is a product of less than desirable net surfing, or a lack luster effort protecting your platform. Not the staff here my friend ;)

11. locobob

locobob Beaverton, Oregon Well-Known Member

While this is true (within the law) its a poor attitude for a business to take.
    I do in fact run a small business. At my business I take great care to treat my customers respectfully, politely and fairly. I do not let my own personal ideas (political or otherwise) interfere or otherwise taint my business in any way. If customers feel unwelcome or mistreated they will go somewhere else. I like this forum... I'd hate to see it fail because of poor customer relations.

P.S. And yes I know we are not direct customers but ultimately it is the users that draw the direct customers (advertisers) here. No traffic.... no advertisers... = no forum.

12. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

15. Do not discuss infractions or problems with moderators in the open forum.

All staff members are accountable to the site owner, Joey Link. Joey Link is accountable to you, the members of this site. If you have a problem with an infraction or a moderator, please send him a private message and he'll review the situation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.