JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Let me first start off by saying, I'm not as politically involved as I should be, I'm a full time student, in a limited entry professional medical program, with a wife and three kids. I graduate June 2016. I write letters, make phone calls and I'm a life time member of the NRA(No NRA bashing please) I plan on joining OFF and supporting recall efforts as best I can. I have taken Dave Ramsey advice and started an envelope system, 10 percent to church, 10 percent to OFF/RECALL effort from every item I sale the rest goes back into everything else.

I know we need to be smart with our recal efforts and resources.

However, what kind of a statement would it make if we went after the top dogs and maybe we don't get a recall, but what if we get close? What if the timing is right to make these people sweat a little? What kind of a message would that send across the board?

I hear through other posts, that off years and special elections are low turn outs for Democrats. Is this true, I don't know, what if it is?

Just a thought, what do you guys who are more politically active and I submit smarter than I am in politics?

Let me first start off by saying, I'm not as politically involved as I should be, I'm a full time student, in a limited entry professional medical program, with a wife and three kids. I graduate June 2016. I write letters, make phone calls and I'm a life time member of the NRA(No NRA bashing please) I plan on joining OFF and supporting recall efforts as best I can. I have taken Dave Ramsey advice and started an envelope system, 10 percent to church, 10 percent to OFF/RECALL effort from every item I sale the rest goes back into everything else.

I know we need to be smart with our recal efforts and resources.

However, what kind of a statement would it make if we went after the top dogs and maybe we don't get a recall, but what if we get close? What if the timing is right to make these people sweat a little? What kind of a message would that send across the board?

I hear through other posts, that off years and special elections are low turn outs for Democrats. Is this true, I don't know, what if it is?

Just a thought, what do you guys who are more politically active and I submit smarter than I am in politics?

The largest problem is the top dogs rest in Multnomah county which is comfortably democrat. The easiest officials are going to be those that are in close districts or largely unpopular. Right now the Heirs of Patrick Henry have selected 4 politicians they are targeting for recall. A group of local volunteers and 2A supporters have started the ball rolling in recalling Sen. Chuck Riley from Hillsboro, he is neither well known and only won by a 320 votes out of 40,000 cast. The election was tossed by a 3rd party candidate getting 3,000 votes. We would love your help, we are building a core group to begin going after these politicians one by one.

https://www.northwestfirearms.com/t...al-over-sb-941-planning-stages.193992/page-14

https://www.facebook.com/groups/oregoniansforsocialaccountability is the facebook group we created for this endeavored feel free to join!

The largest problem is the top dogs rest in Multnomah county which is comfortably democrat.

True. It would only really work if they really screwed up on one or more other issues. Sen Hayward, I first thought, might be difficult because half her district is in downtown Portland. But then, after seeing her back down after the reaction of the anti (Pro-choice?) vaccination groups, and their OWN calls for a recall, she would at least be sweating it. I'm starting to form an opinion of her that she likes to be in control, and "knows best", and I can see that getting her into trouble in the future. Especially if it's encouraged.
I don't want to step on toes or trip up anything already in the works for people already putting in the sweet equity, but what was the feeling on a recall of her?

True. It would only really work if they really screwed up on one or more other issues. Sen Hayward, I first thought, might be difficult because half her district is in downtown Portland. But then, after seeing her back down after the reaction of the anti (Pro-choice?) vaccination groups, and their OWN calls for a recall, she would at least be sweating it. I'm starting to form an opinion of her that she likes to be in control, and "knows best", and I can see that getting her into trouble in the future. Especially if it's encouraged.
I don't want to step on toes or trip up anything already in the works for people already putting in the sweet equity, but what was the feeling on a recall of her?

Maybe she needs to be reminded of that fact from some voters in her district. And maybe it would be possible to join up those folks that were talking recall over the vaccinations with those that are 2A supporters and make it viable. I'm not in her district, so I can't say, but it's an interesting thought.

The largest problem is the top dogs rest in Multnomah county which is comfortably democrat. The easiest officials are going to be those that are in close districts or largely unpopular. Right now the Heirs of Patrick Henry have selected 4 politicians they are targeting for recall. A group of local volunteers and 2A supporters have started the ball rolling in recalling Sen. Chuck Riley from Hillsboro, he is neither well known and only won by a 320 votes out of 40,000 cast. The election was tossed by a 3rd party candidate getting 3,000 votes. We would love your help, we are building a core group to begin going after these politicians one by one.

https://www.northwestfirearms.com/t...al-over-sb-941-planning-stages.193992/page-14

https://www.facebook.com/groups/oregoniansforsocialaccountability is the facebook group we created for this endeavored feel free to join!

Thanks for the info, I joined both groups. I don't Facebook much, but hopefully it will be one more way for me to keep better up to date.

Thanks for the info, I joined both groups. I don't Facebook much, but hopefully it will be one more way for me to keep better up to date.

I don't care for Facebook, in fact I pretty much despise it. My wife loves it. I maintain an account for certain people that seem only capable with communicating with me if I'm on Facebook. As for the recall effort going on, I love that we're using Facebook as a framework to go after anti-gunners. In that vein, I'm pretty happy to use their service against their own anti-gun agenda :p

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top