JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Interesting video. One test I would have like to see was ammuntion stored in metal ammo cans. That's how I store my ammo and I'm sure a lot of folks on this site do as well. Would the ammo cook off inside the ammo cans and would the ammo cans be able to contain the explosions?

I have seen a 50 cal can full of 223 after a house fire. All was contained just popped the cases like popcorn.
There is another video on the sammi web site where they drop the ammo from like 40 feet and run over it with
a dozer.
Any fire department can get a free copy, just give them a call.

Here is the other one, I guess the first one had the dozer.

I have seen this video before and ammo burning is not that big deal if the ammo is not loaded into a firearm. I do keep and few loaded magazines in my gun safe and one magazine is loaded into my long gun but the chamber is empty in all cases expect my carry handgun.

Interesting video. One test I would have like to see was ammuntion stored in metal ammo cans. That's how I store my ammo and I'm sure a lot of folks on this site do as well. Would the ammo cook off inside the ammo cans and would the ammo cans be able to contain the explosions?

I would be more concerned with the ammo-cans containing the ammo too much as at cooks off and creating conditions for an explosion.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top